SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53656 - 11/19/04 12:46 PM song sheet
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Can anyone send me the sheet music to: Dont say no its the end of the world. thank you have the style from Roger M thank you Roger B

------------------
rog.

#53657 - 11/19/04 02:07 PM Re: song sheet
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Hi there

Do you mean "Don't they know its the end of the world?"

If so the song is called "You belong to me"
Joan

#53658 - 11/19/04 02:20 PM Re: song sheet
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Is that not a Jo Stafford 1952 hit? Walter.

#53659 - 11/19/04 04:13 PM Re: song sheet
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Jo Stafford's song 'You Belong to Me' (see the pyramids along the Nile........) Yep!
I think the other one is just called 'The End of the World'. It was recorded by Skeeter Davis, Brenda Lee, The Carpenters, James Last to mention a few
Try a Google search using "sheet music" - including the inverted commas.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#53660 - 11/20/04 03:59 AM Re: song sheet
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Roger

Copy e-mailed to you.

John

#53661 - 11/20/04 07:14 AM Re: song sheet
roger brandon bradbury Offline

Loc: Willersey, Broadway
thank you all for The End of The World.Playing in Ross on Wye,a blind man pushing a wheel chair with his disabled wife who was holding the guide dogs lead asked for this song. Thanks to you it will be played on my next visit to them.It was one of those moments I shall never forget with the kn7000. thank you.. roger. Have you any special moments with your keyboard?

------------------
rog.

#53662 - 11/20/04 09:13 AM Re: song sheet
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Rog
It depends what you mean by special...
I can remember crying all the way through playing one particular song whose words were particularly poignant at that time...
On another occasion I'd done a slight amount of damage unwittingly to my keyboard such that the right hand was half a tone higher than the rhythm key!!!
Interesting life playing the keyboard at times isn't it though - all sorts of people come up and thank you for bringing back memories for them.

#53663 - 11/20/04 10:24 AM Re: song sheet
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Roger,

Glad you've managed to get this one sorted.

And KN (keyboard) experiences. ? Well hundreds I suppose, but the most obvious tale which we must all have experienced, is 'pushing the wrong button' whilst in the middle of a dance/concert/performance of any kind, and going into a world of complete silence. !!!

Panic now takes over -- The blood drains from our face, the nearest mic comes to hand, and a feeble joke ensues. !! Worse still, you know that nobody out there, has any knowledge of keyboards, and you stand utterly comdemned by one and all. Career over. !!! Hence my retirement to the safe cosy walls of my home. -- Has it happened to you. ? Cheers,

Colin Leaney.

#53664 - 11/25/04 09:04 AM Re: song sheet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Roger.Try this midi file!. http://d21c.com/bcoff43/midi1.html
Regards.
Joe.

#53665 - 11/25/04 04:08 PM Re: song sheet
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
When I had the KN6000, I was playing for dancing once a month and yes! you've guessed it - once a month that !!!!!!keyboard would suddenly cut out on me leaving everyone dancing away to 'silence' It was more than embarrassing, it was humiliating. After much aggro it was eventually changed to a KN6500 -
problem solved.

More recently, I accidentally formatted a 128mb SD card which was 75% full represent-ing hours of work. I could have cried, but of course you just have to carry on. If only I had Fred's KN SD-Explorer tool, it would be so easy to rectify. Needless to say I can't wait to get one but am now having trouble sending money for the purchase through PayPal.

Still, as you say, I guess I am not alone in making these silly mistakes. Mistakes can be accepted as long as you learn a lesson and I sure watch what I am doing very carefully now.

Regards.

Aud (U.K.)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online