SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50962 - 10/16/04 03:16 PM Drum tracks
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Does anyone have any tips on using the composer on the KN7000 for programming drum sequences for use with songs recorded in the sequencer for example.I've tried this a few times and it doesn't seem to be very intuative.It takes me an eternity and even then it turns out wrongly!
Any tips or tricks would be most welcome.
Cheers,David.

#50963 - 10/16/04 04:22 PM Re: Drum tracks
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi David,
it is a though job to make good drumparts. To my opinion one must have drumskills to make good variations. By Using steprecord it is of course possible, but also difficult to make a 'good sounding' drumparts. I mostly use midifiles to cut out/transpose drumparts. There are 'millions' on the internet. As an example you could try/listen to some of them on http://www.keso.nl . For instance 'Wipe out' is made with the help of an midifile.
Succes and I am sure that there are members which can help you with other ideas or suggestions.
Greetings,
Cees

#50964 - 10/16/04 04:49 PM Re: Drum tracks
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My thought, although not completed yet.

1-I purchased a Boss drum machine with all kinds of rhythms. Sad to say for me they are mostly comtempory -- Maybe an older drum unit would be better for me.
2-It does not have to be a drum machine, it could be another keyboard -- but, it must have midi out.
3-I matched ths midi chanels to the keyboard chanels so they able to speak to each other.
4-Played the drum unit -- recorded with my KN7000 into the sequencer --- then into my pads or composer.

No perfection yet, just trying to work it out.

John C.

#50965 - 10/16/04 11:14 PM Re: Drum tracks
Flyer Offline

Loc: Teddington,UK.
Many thanks for your thoughts guys.I'm fotunate enough to be able program rhythm patterns individually or in real time through a song(maybe using cycle record and a bit of quantising)being a pro percussionist-not keyboard player!! for about 35 years.My problem is stringing the patterns together in a song or sequence as per a drum machine for instance.
All the best,David.

#50966 - 10/17/04 05:57 AM Re: Drum tracks
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi David,
If I understand you right, you are thinking of program the composer drumtrack and then assembled it together with a midi or techmidifile?

Lindoz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online