SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45274 - 08/31/04 11:55 PM Sound recording on SD-cards
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi all
I have just bought a 1G SD-card and thinking of begin to record some 2:nd and 3:rd voices together with my Technicssongs.

I would appreciate every answer from you who had some experience of this. The best way to go when you record. Sync problems. Loading times etc. everything is of interest.

Regards Lindoz

#45275 - 09/11/04 12:12 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi
I think you mean to record backing vocals
for your technics songs.
Can be done but you need to have a good
understanding of computer recording and
SD technology.

Cheers Bazz

#45276 - 09/11/04 08:15 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lindoz,
I gather you have the
Panasonic Audio PC Writing Kit. ( card reader/writer & jukebox software)
As far as I'm aware thats the only way you can save audio files to sd card.
Alec had a bit of a section on audio files, in the Technote publication
Getting the most from your KN7000.

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#45277 - 09/13/04 01:39 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
Lindoz Offline

Hi Bazz, yes I mean backing 2:nd and 3:rd voices together with a Techfile in live performance. I´m very familiar with computers, but don´t like software like Cubase or Cakewalk or similar. So I wonder if there´s a way to record in a WAV or MP3 file and then sync into the 7000.

Rikki! I have 2 or maybe 3 different cardreader/writer, unfortunately not the Panasonic Kit. Now todays there are many SD-cards in different brands on the market. Should be strange if only Panasonic has this recording possibilitys. Of course I can get the Panasonic stuff, if neccesarely. I´ve doing some recording on a Sony Minidiscequipment and then sync it to the 7000 with Midiclock. Sounds very good but there´s some cable connecting and it would be much comfortable if the recording could be on the SD-card only.

Anyone who know something in this kind of soundrecording, feel free to put your opinion here...

Regards Lindoz

#45278 - 09/13/04 03:31 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
You Need...repeat..NEED the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit, which also includes the needed Jukebox software.

Now, before you read any futher, or try to go forward without the above knowledge, you could be wasting lots of time, so please re read the above paragraph, so that you fully understand, it you want to add wave, mp3, wma. etc. files to your 7000 (Audio), you need the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit, which also includes the needed Jukebox software.

Got it? ?

Do you understand that you need the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit which includes the also needed Jukebox software?
....Good.

The reason that I put so much emphasis on the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit, and the also needed Jukebox... If you try to use anything other then the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing Kit and the supplied Jukebox, it will not work. If you use the above mentioned kit, it WILL work.

Once you have the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit, it is a simple matter of following the instructions to copy wave files to a format that your KN7000 can read. The software does the conversion for you. This is the purpose of Jukebox which is supplied with the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit. The Panasonic SD Reader Writer and Jukebox are a combined package known as... the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit. They work beautifully together. Seperating them is not a good idea. One does not work well without the other.

After you have these converted wave files on your SD Card, and inserted in your KN7000, you need to put the converted wave file you want to use in Playlist 1, so you can synchro Audio (wave) with Technic File.
By saving the combined Audio and Technics file to a Technics File, your final edited performance can be recalled at a push of a button.

I can send more details on this, or you could read the instructions that are supplied with the Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit and the supplied Jukebox. If you know even just a little about computers, and I know Lindoz, knows more than a little, you can easily figure out the endless possiblities of editing Audio files combined with Technic files using guess what???... The Panasonic SD Audio PC Writing kit and the supplied Jukebox !

Larry Hawk
No. I do not work for Panasonic

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#45279 - 09/13/04 11:39 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
Lindoz Offline

Larry! Are you really sure that you do not work for the Panasonic company???

So where can I find this stuff cheap and easy?

Lindoz

#45280 - 09/14/04 03:07 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lindoz,
I actually sold mine on Ebay, just the other day.

It might be worth checking with Walt Tenay to see if he has any left.
http://www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com/KN7000.html

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#45281 - 09/14/04 03:11 PM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Lindoz,

Locating one could be a problem. Since it was designed for the KN7000, and the KN7000 is no longer made , the writing kit also may be no longer made.

Sorry, maybe someone else knows where you can still obtain one.

Good Luck.
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#45282 - 09/15/04 11:15 AM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
Lindoz Offline

Hi
I´m just wondering.. Is it the Panasonic Audiokit software who makes the job or..? On the web there is a Panasonic Jukebox Software called CASD01. It maybe work together with any SD reader/writer? There is also a Panasonic card R/W BNSDUSB2 and a R/W named BNSDCAPU/1B. The price for the software is 39$ and the R/W is 69$.

Anyone who had any thoughts of this? Can anyone tell me what´s included in the Panasonic SD Audiokit?

Regarder Lindoz

#45283 - 09/15/04 11:38 AM Re: Sound recording on SD-cards
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Lindoz
The card reader you want is
Panasonic Audio PC Writing Kit SZ-CB7.

As far as I am aware, this is the only one that will let you record Audio onto your sd card

If you search Google using "Panasonic SZ-CB7" there are still some around

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online