SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46159 - 08/27/04 06:18 AM KN6000 feature?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The following question was posted on the GAK page relative to the PSR KBs:

"what's the name of the function of 3K where you can change the drum pattern(eg-rock to tango etc)while playing back a SMF(the song will be sychonized with internal drum style patterns).Is that function avalible for PSR 2000?"

The response was:
"there is no seperate function...Just play the smf.....then pick a style and push start the kb drums will match the smf song."

Is there such a feature on the KN6000? Is there a way to accomplish this?
thnx,
t.

#46160 - 08/28/04 03:07 PM Re: KN6000 feature?
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
I would spontanously say - Multipads. But I don't know how to convert a composer to multipad.
Or you lrecord with the styles you want a sequence, store it as MIDI with accomp parts, and after this you load this song to a song memory and the song you want to modify to another song memory.
In sequencer you can copy the tracks of one song to another song and copy the measures of a song. So you can add style drums to your song, not spontanously but it's possible.
One limitation: If the song contains lyrics, they are removed. When you want these lyrics, try to use a computer application for editing the song, maybe it will not touch the lyrics events.

------------------
Regards
RF

#46161 - 08/29/04 05:58 AM Re: KN6000 feature?
jm_bogey Offline

Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
The Technics system use two separate system one for midi and on for is own style. Because of that both could'nt play together if you use style and want to play midi with direct access the style will stop. even if you only want to look at the disk content.

The yamaha o/s use midi for both. the style are midi file, so when you want to play midi and style together you don't change the "keyboard mode". With yamaha you can see disk content and also load a midi while you play a style and vice-versa.

I used to be with Technics for a long time... ± 10 years. My last Technics was a KN6000. I change to Yamaha because of that and also now with the PSR-3000 for the half of the price of the KN7000 you have all the same feature execpt the after touch.

#46162 - 08/29/04 09:34 AM Re: KN6000 feature?
technicsplayer Offline

I do this with the Technics system in 2 seconds flat. Load the midi, assign control track to a spare track, insert start command.

Now the preset rhythm will play synchronised with the midi drums, or replace them or edit to your hearts content.

#46163 - 08/29/04 05:16 PM Re: KN6000 feature?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hey, Alec is back. Thought maybe you left us for another keyboard. Good to see your name pop up again!

#46164 - 08/29/04 05:56 PM Re: KN6000 feature?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec ... Good to hear from you ... just the other day I was wondering where you might be ... I guess I came up with the right question to find out ...
... thank you for the info ... I'll give it a try ...
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online