SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61550 - 08/26/04 11:26 AM Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my SynthZone buddies! It is so great to be back here on the Zone with all my friends again. Those few days without you all were like being in isolation! I knew I enjoyed the Zone, but didn't realize how much I truly treasured logging on every day and chatting with you all, until I couldn't do so! I have said it before in another message string, but I'll say it again here--thanks Nigel for getting us all together again!!

Now back to my usual type of query for you all. I have worked out, by ear, the chords for the beautiful and soft song "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" in the key of F. One would think that, with all the rhythms and orchestrations available on the 7000, I could find something that appealled to me. But, alas, as usual, I am asking you experts for your advice on how to set it up for ultimate sound and subtle/soft rhythm, appropriate to that lovely song. It took me all of about ten minutes to hear and collect the chords in my head, and then let my fingers find them on the keyboard; it has taken me hours to find something that "turns me on" musically and, although I have found a few setups that are OK, I am still asking for your expert advice.

Thanks to any and all of you who can and will take the time to help this poor amateur again. Your suggestions are always priceless.

Hugs to you all from

Ted

#61551 - 08/26/04 12:15 PM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Ted - check your mailbox for my choice. Cheers Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 08-26-2004).]

#61552 - 08/26/04 04:03 PM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted, bit late here - I'll have a look through my styles tomorrow and be in touch.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#61553 - 08/26/04 05:06 PM Re: Need registration and rhythm help--again.
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Ted,

I hope all is well with you. I feel their are times when a song doesn’t need to have a steady beat. And, I think you have selected just such a song. Please take this trip with me.

1. Go to www.kool-keys.com and click on the KN6000 button.
2. Download the Kool-Keys file.
3. After you unzip and transfer to a floppy, load the “Strangers In Paradise” song.
4. Turn off the Sequencer, Intro and Play buttons and Select PM 6
5. Select the Chord fingering system of your choice

Now just play the song without rhythm as if you where singing it, changing the tempo a bit to suit how you feel in the wee small hours.

You might also try changing the bass note.
1. Press Program Menu, Sound, Part Setting
2. Use the same upper left button and scroll to the R. Bass part and Select Bowed Bass or try other instruments that you might like.

Let me know what you think.

Frank

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online