SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51891 - 02/07/04 01:45 AM Lindoz asks again
Lindoz Offline

Loc: Torshalla, Sweden
Hi again folks and many thanks for your kindly replays.

Well it seems that Iīm going to be skinflint in old days. I maybe keep one 6000 at home for working and then put the files in the 7000 only using for the giggs. Sometimes I take the 7000 home and do some adjustments due to the new sounds and such things.
90% of my songs are in sequencermemory only and Technics mode.
How much memory do I need in the SD card for aprox. 4 hours gigging? On the HDSX6 there are a USB connecting. Is it possible to connect the 6000 to the 7000 by USB? Is there anyone out there who knows anything about copying lyrics to the 7000? (i.e. txt files)

Well, thatīs all for today folks... take care
Lindoz

#51892 - 02/07/04 06:05 AM Re: Lindoz asks again
technicsplayer Offline

Hi again Lindoz,
If you save the midis as technics sequencer you save a lot of space, 400 midis are around 16 MB but it depends how you format the card. SD is cheap now anyway compared to a year ago. Get a big card and you can put audio on from the Motif if you still have it
No usb possible, neither is a host, and the sx6 usb never got drivers. Back up your sx6 partition through Techmanager and restore it direct to SD card with the free MDBC program.
Ordinary midi lyrics will play on the 7k as technics sequencer files, or you can just make jpgs or bmps of text files and play lyrics as a slideshow.

#51893 - 02/07/04 06:56 AM Re: Lindoz asks again
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Lindoz
Just as a matter of interest from one performing artist(e) to another do I read correctly that you have sequenced (pre-recorded in english!) that which you play publicly?
Maybe that's because you are busy singing at the same time?
Just curious - as one who plays everything live...
Roger M

#51894 - 02/07/04 04:44 PM Re: Lindoz asks again
Lindoz Offline

Thankīs Alec
Your idea about jpgs and bmps is brilliant. I can made those in my scanner and put into my computer. By the way, I have lost your e-mailadress and should be glad to have it again. So if you want, you can send me a mail and Iīll will put it again in my adressbook.
Lindoz

#51895 - 02/07/04 05:17 PM Re: Lindoz asks again
Lindoz Offline

Yes Roger, I am prerecording everything and I tell you why. I donīt like to play with styles (patterns) which contain 4 or 8 bars. Specially the bass is annoying in those loops. I always begin with a partitur on the song, writing down some arrangements and so on. Then start to program the sequencer in realtime track after track. I do so even with the drums, just in the same way a real drummer would play. Then I felt more feeling for the song. I also putting in midi programchanges on a muted track, for control of mixing scenes on my Yamaha 01V and for DMX lightning moduls.

Of course I also play some instruments live, together with the sequncer. It could be organ (most) or a piano. Some songs I play on my Fender Strat for.ex Guitarboogie. Then of course I also sing and play simultaneously. But I never play alone but together with one or two friends who also sings.

It would be interesting to hear what kind of music you play and what kind of audience you have on your "livegiggs"?

Lindoz

#51896 - 02/08/04 03:26 AM Re: Lindoz asks again
RMepstead Offline

Hi Lindoz
Wow - you're heavily into the technology I must say - it must make for very exciting performances....
There are examples of my 'busking' on Cees web site www.keso.nl - I play anything that's been a hit in the UK over the past 40 years and try to obtain a style file as near to the original sound as possible.
I play both on my own and with a female singer as my voice is not pleasant!!!
I'd love to hear some of your work - do you have a web site?
Roger M

#51897 - 02/08/04 04:45 AM Re: Lindoz asks again
RMepstead Offline

Hi again Lindoz
p.s. my audiences are too sedate to throw eggs as you suggest yours do in your profile...chuckle
I play mainly in hotel bars / restaurants whilst customers are eating drinking and chatting...I guess my prime objective is to keep them there and spending money on food and drink!
Roger M

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online