SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41730 - 01/16/04 11:49 AM Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering if anyone knows if the Panasonic Card Reader that comes with the Panasonic PC SD Audio Writing Kit, is used for any of their other products like camera's etc
I 'm worried if I happen to damage it, would I be able to replace it sometime down the track.
I know they use sd cards in a number of their products.
A while back, I came across a Panasonic Card Reader on Ebay, but it wasn't the same model as the one that came with the kit, it was an older model and probably would not have worked with audio.

Just Wondering

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#41731 - 01/16/04 11:54 AM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
technicsplayer Offline

the same or similar was supplied with their mp3 players. I wouldn't worry, SD has overtaken compact flash in market share in the States for the first time, it and it's support is not going away

#41732 - 01/16/04 12:15 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Alec,
I wasn't so much worried about sd disapearing from the scene , but that maybe that particular model card reader was specific to the keyboards and it's audio functions.
Didn't really want to dash out and buy a second one , on the off chance , I happened to damage mine.
so thank you
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
the same or similar was supplied with their mp3 players. I

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#41733 - 01/16/04 03:30 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
Leo's Den Offline

I haven't checked as the PR604 doesn't have the SD system, but it sounds as if it's the same as the one used in my Panasonic SD voice recorder. This differs from the one used in their cameras, but a universal card reader is very cheap indeed. We have one that reads my husband's Canon compact flash as well as my Panasonic SD and anything else you want to stuff in it. Leo.

#41734 - 01/16/04 03:53 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
technicsplayer Offline

Rikki was concerned about the digital audio for which you need the correct reader, virtually any reader will work for technics and midi files.

#41735 - 01/16/04 04:07 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Rikki,

I use the above mentioned SD Reader Writer for my digital camera. I download photos to the SD Card, to be used at Photo Centers. Most self serving Photo Centers in the US accept the SD Card, while only few accept the Fujii Camera card, although that type of picture card (xD) card is catching on.

The xD card is even smaller then the SD Card, although I believe that SD has captured the market, and will continue to be the lead standard.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#41736 - 01/16/04 04:31 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
technicsplayer Offline

ah, but you haven't seen miniSD yet...

half the size of SD and smaller than xD...

#41737 - 01/17/04 05:22 AM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
Veltsu Offline

Loc: Finland
Is there possibilities, other than Panasonic audio-kit, around if I want to record audio (with laptop/kn2600) to my SD`s? I questioned this earlier and got a No answer. Is it really so?

€150 seems to me too much for this kit. At least if there`s cheaper solutions...

#41738 - 01/17/04 12:00 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If you want to play audio files(MP3'S, .WAVE, .WMA) through your 2600 you need Panasonic Jukebox. Panasonic Jukebox inludes the software and the USB Reader/Writer that is part of the SD Audio PC Writing Kit.

You need Jukebox to convert mp3's, etc to a format that the KN7000 AND KN2600 can read.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#41739 - 01/18/04 02:48 PM Re: Panasonic Card Reader, is it used for any other product??
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Don't worry, I bought a 64mb card from one of the computer magazine advertsed companies and it works perfectly with my KN7000 and the bonus is it was about 25% cheaper than Panasonic's card.

Aud

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online