SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52005 - 01/16/04 03:45 PM I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them. I will still make music for the masses.
I had a Packard but they quit making them. I survived and still don't walk
I had a Studebaker but they quit making them. I survived and still don't walk.
I have a Hohner Clavinet keyboard D6 they quit making about early 1970. I still have it and it is worth more today then it cost new. I play it once in awhile and remember when.....
I have an Ensoniq EPS 16 Plus Turbo Sampling Keyboard. I still have it and it still does everything it did when I bought it about late 1980's.
I had a Commodore 64 in 1984 and managed to write sequencer programs for it, and record midi music. I don't use it now but I thought it could never be replaced.
I had two Amiga 2500 computers that ran my recording studio for several years, but they quit making them. I missed them for awhile and I even get them out once in awhile and start them up. I could never go back to using them in this day and age.
I have lots of other things that are no longer made. I think there are 6 obsolete computers in here no longer made.
The point is: LIFE GOES ON. Nothing really changes. Nothing and no one is indispensable. We will all go on to bigger and better (and more expensive) things.
The synthzone will still be here thanks to Nigel
I will still be here thanks to Nigel and Jann
Nigel will still be here, thanks to us all and his family.
Most of your will still be here.
This music forum family will survive.
We will still be making and sharing music.
Nothing is forever but I believe we will have very long longevity.
We will be buying other makes of keyboards one day that will make the Technics Keyboards look like toys.
This is progress.
Be Happy. Make some happy music, share it with the family. Send it to Cees, Larry or me and lets spread some cheer and get out of this gloom and doom mode.
There are better things coming around the bend. I anxiously await them, yes even at my old age.
I love you all and thank you for being an important part of my family.
My best to you all and a big thank you once again to Nigel for providing the ability for us to be and stay together

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#52006 - 01/16/04 04:21 PM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Bebop,

Have you ever watched "Clean Sweep" on the Discovery Channel ?

It's a show where they re-do a room in your house. It's a room full of junk, that the owner agrees to either throw out, sell, or give away. While the owner is out throwing, selling or giving away the junk, the room is fixed up by a team of carpenters, painters, decorators, etc.

The owner arrives home to a remodeled room, JUNK FREE !

Sounds to me you should give them a call

Seriously, good story, it reminds me of how time just seems to fly. Thanks for that.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#52007 - 01/17/04 01:52 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
aprilla Offline

Loc: Ireland
QUOTE{We will still be making and sharing music.
Nothing is forever but I believe we will have very long longevity}

Music is forever...

We look back at our gear, that was oh so wonderful when we got it first, and *sigh*. At the same time we are anticipating what will come next... that's forever too

#52008 - 01/17/04 02:07 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Mike ORegan Offline

If you want to buy items which keep their value then avoid electronics and cars. On the other hand a good quality ACCORDION could be a real investment. As an example, I have a 30 year old piano accordion which cost, when new, £450. It now has a resale value of somewhere around £2000 - not that I am considering selling it. I didn't buy it as an investment - just as a quality musical instrument to be played.
Mike O'R

#52009 - 01/17/04 08:03 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
So.....
2 guys die, and the one that goes to heaven is greeted by St Peter and he says:
"Welcome to heaven...here's your harp!"

The second guy was not so lucky, and when Satan greeted him at the door of hell he said:
"Welcome to hell .... here's your accordian!"

Sorry guys ...... I couldn't resist.

#52010 - 01/17/04 08:41 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Accordions are illegal in San Jose and have been for several years.
I have one sitting in a corner and the case is disguised as a guitar amp. I would like to sell it but I am afraid to expose it to the light of day because someone might turn me in to the accordion cops
Maybe Mike might be interested in buying it?
Bebop

#52011 - 01/17/04 11:47 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Mike ORegan Offline

Don't worry, guys, us accordion players have heard it all - "perfect pitch", "what is a gentleman", etc. But haven't you sometimes wished you could make music without the aid of electricity on a self-contained complete acoustic instrument!!
Mike O'R

#52012 - 01/17/04 12:34 PM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Accordeons are great instruments, and the best melody of all are "Grandma's sleeping"
GJ

Btw, there is another version too: "Grandpa's sleeping" ....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#52013 - 01/17/04 01:24 PM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Accordions are illegal in San Jose and have been for several years.

You got to be having a laugh it is only a squeeze box and is only full of wind
I suppose it is OK to own an automatic firearm with which you could blow somebody away with

#52014 - 01/18/04 11:31 AM Re: I have 3 Technics Keyboards but they quit making them
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quote from Mike O'Regan
"But haven't you sometimes wished you could make music without the aid of electricity on a self-contained complete acoustic instrument!!"
An acoustic piano springs to mind maybe not quite as portable as a squeezbox but often 'in-situ' so you can just turn up and play!

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online