SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41839 - 11/30/03 01:01 AM KN7000 versus Tyros
riobom Offline

Loc: Porto - Portugal
Some time ago my KN7000 give me all kind of troubles with the SD card,every time I tried to load a song the keyboard shut down, and I bought another one ..... now I have two.

I have two because I can't take the risk of in a midle of a gig get in trouble with these kind of things.

I really don't trust anymore on Technics and these will be the last Keyboards I intend to buy from them.

But this time I can prove that Tyros is better than KN7000.

I made a Brasilian Carnaval Marches medley (midi file) of 297K long.
I made it on my Mac and after finished I tried it on my Tyros and it has played it wery well.
I tried to play it on my KN7000 and received this message:

"The file you tried to load exceeds the memory of this model and can't be played.
The sequencer memory has been cleared"

After that I tried to play it using direct play and then the KN played all the file.

Then I tried to load it in Tyros to try to edit and everything went smooth.

These litlle things make the big diferences, or Technics the next time moves in other directions - hard drive, extended flash memory, better interaction with computers, among other things - or we have to move ourselves to Yamaha's or Roland's keyboards.

By the way if you want the midi just to prove this I will be very gratefull to send it

José

#41840 - 11/30/03 01:42 AM Re: KN7000 versus Tyros
riobom Offline

Loc: Porto - Portugal
After thinking a moment I solved the problem.

I deleted the drums track which has a lot of notes and made in the composer the various paterns of the batery.

Using control track I made the modifications of paterns along the sequence.
It gives me a lot of work but I solved the problem.

By the way how can I change my password here in the forum?

José

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online