SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53054 - 11/13/03 08:40 AM Sequencer Medley Creation
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a 10 Song Sequencer Medley from individually saved sequences. The KN7000 manual is as usual, totally unhelpful.
The text on Page 84 gives a method for 'ADDING' or 'DELETING' songs from a play list but I understand it to mean Include or Exclude a song, when playing back a list of songs, which already exists in Medley format.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#53055 - 11/13/03 08:48 AM Re: Sequencer Medley Creation
technicsplayer Offline

sure Willum, either Medley page has a mode switch for 1 song or 10 songs. If you have X songs in the sequencer they will all play before automatically going on to the next file.

#53056 - 11/13/03 10:08 AM Re: Sequencer Medley Creation
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Alec,
I must be having a particularly Thickheaded day....
You say that 'either Medley page has a mode switch for 1 or 10 songs'. The only reference I can find to 'Medley' is in the Sequencer Play screen Bottom Right. Selecting that option takes me to the 'Internal Song Memory' screen, where there is no mention of a mode switch!

Maybe I didn't make it entirely clear what I want to do ??

I have a collection of sequences which I recorded as Song 1, mainly using Easy Record and they are saved on my SD card. I would like to take a selection of these individual sequences and put them into the Medley 'Internal Song Memory' 1 to 10, so that they will play through automatically.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#53057 - 11/13/03 12:05 PM Re: Sequencer Medley Creation
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Willum, you can play a single sequence with multiple songs from the medley button on the sequencer page - just press all or add the songs you want in the order you want. Or you could play several multiple song sequences automatically from the song medley page in both the SD and Floppy menus - with the mode switch I mention set to 10 songs.

To create the multiple song sequence file which works in both these screens from individual sequence files, each song must first be saved as a single song, save each song individually on page 3 of the save page to a new location. Then load each of the individual songs in the position 1 to 10 you want in the sequencer from page 3 of the load page, and save the new multi song sequence normally. Now you can program the multiple songs you want from a single load, or play medleys of multiple songs from adjacent sequence saves automatically by the methods described.

The principle was outlined on page 27 of the 6k book, just treat single technics songs the same as midi files and use page 3 of the save/load in the same way. Obviously you must bear in mind any sections external to the sequencer used in the songs eg composer etc.

#53058 - 11/13/03 03:03 PM Re: Sequencer Medley Creation
Bill Norrie Offline

Thanks for your help Alec much appreciated...

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online