SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65530 - 11/05/03 04:48 AM BEST MIDI SITE
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have visited many sites that offer midi downloads and find this is one of the best. It is well suited for printing lead sheets as the "melody" is easily identified and it produces a great lead sheet.

It is also my kind of music.
http://easylistening.freeyellow.com/

Fran in Florida

#65531 - 11/05/03 05:12 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Wow, Fran! What a delightful site, and I found songs there I haven't even thought about for years. Thanks for sharing the info; you have received another star in your crown today!

Hugs from

Ted

#65532 - 11/05/03 05:20 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot to mention . The notation BB is used in some of the tracks. I assume this is Band in a Box.

Fran in Florida

#65533 - 11/05/03 06:17 PM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Sorry to add a negative comment, but when I visited that site my 'spybot' reported spyware found, particularly Gator.

For midi files I have found the Midi search engine at http://www.musicrobot.com/ to be very useful.

Regards,
Mike

#65534 - 11/06/03 04:30 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike,

I run a tight ship (up to date Virus and Firewall) I am notified when intruders try to enter my computer and I deny them.

For those interested I contacted Mickey McBride and he uses Band in a Box and Power Tracks in his secuencing.

Fran in Florida

#65535 - 11/06/03 05:02 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Fran,

Thanks for pointing me to that site. It's one I had not found yet. And yes, the BB in the tracks means that those songs were greated using Band-In-A-Box then saved as Midi files. So the styles you hear are BIAB styles.

I too noticed that the site did try to put some "Spyware" stuff on the computer. Of course it did ask if I wanted Gator and even ater saying no it still put ad cookies on my system which I removed.

It's not a big deal since most free sites like that do it too.

Heather

#65536 - 11/06/03 05:37 PM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Right clicking a song, and saving, saves the web page of the song and not the midi file.

Example: The properties for the song "Ghost Riders" is http://easylistening.freeyellow.com/easy59/riders.htm

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65537 - 11/07/03 09:05 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
I have visited many sites that offer midi downloads and find this is one of the best. It is well suited for printing lead sheets as the "melody" is easily identified and it produces a great lead sheet.

It is also my kind of music.
http://easylistening.freeyellow.com/

Fran in Florida

#65538 - 11/07/03 09:13 AM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by John Barr:

Right Clicking and saving does not save the Midi File and this is what I visit a Midi site for, in my opinion, WWW.musicrobot.com is the best and most reliable program, NO spywareand even better has nothing whatsoever to do do with that, the most intrusive of all programs,GATOR, how anyone can even think of downloading a program that carries like a leach on its back Gator, is beyond me. Johnny Barr

#65539 - 11/07/03 02:44 PM Re: BEST MIDI SITE
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've tried to access that 'easylistening' site 6 times on three different PCs and each time, it screws up and crashes the PC all other site I access are OK

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online