Hello

I talked with Chuck at DC Case and Cabinet the other day. I think from my research anybody looking for a decent case for their Tyros or any other keyboard for that matter, that doesn't weigh a ton, that isn't oversized or overpriced will hit the jackpot here.

They have a carpet covered case with wheels and the normal included hardware for about $130 including shipping and insurance. This is a hard case and it weight about 25-28 lbs. It has 1/4" foam rubber and comes with a warranty.

They also have ATA cases available. These weigh around 23 lbs for a Tyros. Getting better in the weight department here. I said I really was interested in a case under 20 lbs.

He said it could be done with composite board which is two times stronger that the other. It also weighs 30% less. So here we have an ATA case cut to fit the Tyros that will weigh, are you ready? 17.75 lbs!! If you want wheels, add 2.2 lbs. So, here it is, under 20 lbs. It has one inch foam. You can get two inch foam, but he says its overkill. How big will be the outside dimensions? Add two inches on all sides. From what I've seen this will be the smallest, lightest and least expensive top of the line case available. Chuck estimates the case will cost the customer between $169-$189.The composite board comes in black, which means no extra weight adding a covering.

He said he was considering getting some composite board, but was concerned about the cost to the customer! He said his aim was to build a good case that the average working person could afford! Isn't this a switch?

After I asked a bunch of questions about this lightweight wood he said he would find out exactly how much it would cost. He called me back in about 45 minutes with all the vital statistics and said he bought out the entire warehouse of this material!

He has already made cases for the Tyros and about everything else. Chuck and the girl who I talked to were friendly, courteous and really know their stuff.

I am not connected with this company in any way. I just think I found the best thing out there and wanted everybody that wants a good deal on a terrific case to be able to get one.
http://www.dccase.com

1-800-714-2009

Best

Scott Langholff