SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46103 - 09/23/03 09:17 AM SD Card 'Save' times
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
A few observations I have made, when using the SD card on the KN7000 :
The file set used in all tests, was a full 'Performance' save.

Using an 8Mb Card : Save - 10 Seconds : Load - 3 Seconds
Using a 32Mb Card : Save - 13 Seconds : Load - 3 Seconds
Using a 128Mb Card : Save - 29 Seconds : Load - 3 Second
Using a Floppy Disc : Save - 33 Seconds : Load - 15 Seconds

Based on these results, I wonder how long a Save operation will take, using a 256Mb or 512Mb card ?

Just a Thought.............

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#46104 - 09/23/03 10:21 AM Re: SD Card 'Save' times
desertrain97 Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA 18020
I'm using a 256mb card..load is 2 seconds,,,save is about 20 seconds,,,I did not format my sd card in the technics kn7000 but I dont think that matters in terms of load and save time.(its odes if you want to save sd audio from your PC)...I picked up a great tip from the technote extended manual in that you can turn off the "completed" message and save a few seconds..this will come in handy while playing a job.

#46105 - 09/23/03 11:33 AM Re: SD Card 'Save' times
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Timewise, dosen't saving to a SD Card depend on the number of files already on the SD Card ?

Would not an empty 256MB SD Card save as fast as an empty 8 MB SD Card ?

ALSO

I notice a huge difference in loading a slideshow from a floppy, compared to loading a slideshow fro the SD Card.

One thing is for sure...The SD Card is an amazing little device.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#46106 - 09/23/03 12:52 PM Re: SD Card 'Save' times
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
One aspect of loading from sd cards puzzles me. I have a full set of my primary registrations as song 1 in folder 1. This includes all 13 memory banks and a full set of custom styles, which will obliterate any other custom styles previously loaded.... It completes in a couple of seconds. Yet if I want to load another set of custom styles stored on their own in another folder they take about 20 seconds to load. It doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone know why this should be? (Not the making sense bit, that's just old age.)

#46107 - 09/23/03 02:13 PM Re: SD Card 'Save' times
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
my 2 pennies and 8 seconds contribution to point at another dimension. Don't think I am that technical, but this is what I recently read . I read that the access time (writing/reading) for each brand of SD memoriecard is different. The difference can be 15/20% faster/slower in access-time. In benchmarks they compare various branches. And 20% of 20 seconds is still 4 seconds!?. Also it seems when lots of small files (Various KN files) were saved/read the accesstime is slower as less bigger files.
To make it more complex: if you uses a cardreader than this technical accessoire creates per branche also a difference accesstime till 20%.
So the mark of SD-card and the mark of cardreader can be a difference from 0-8 seconds per song??
For what it is worth,
Cees

#46108 - 09/23/03 04:22 PM Re: SD Card 'Save' times
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Cees, any of your stuff always seems to worth quite a lot.

From the point of view of old Grampa Doug

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online