SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56219 - 08/27/03 06:56 AM Can Performance Pad sounds be combined?
indytechpr804 Offline

Loc: indianapolis, in usa
I was Playing around with a song last night, and came up with an interesting question. Does anyone know of an easy way to combine Performance pad sounds. For instance, on the PR804 there is a Funk Guitar loop and a Funk Trumpet riff that I want to combine and have play simultaneously for the intro to my song. The only way I could figure out a way to do this was to record both parts into the sequencer and then save them into a performance pad (if it works). Has anyone tried this, or does anyone know of a better way to do this?

#56220 - 08/27/03 11:50 AM Re: Can Performance Pad sounds be combined?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Interesting point about PADS. The Yamaha's you can trigger up to 4 pads simultaneously if required. However Yamaha does not provide the excellent 2 Solo Riff Pads like Technics.

I use the Pads a lot, muting most of ACC parts just leaving Drums & Bass, then add a pad or two.

Graham UK

#56221 - 08/27/03 01:42 PM Re: Can Performance Pad sounds be combined?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I haven't actually tried it with 2 different instruments, but I did use that method with some piano pads I created a while back ie bass note of piano track1, arpeggio track2. Pads 1 to 4 on kn7 have 2 tracks, I assume your piano has the 2 tracks per pad also.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56222 - 08/27/03 02:03 PM Re: Can Performance Pad sounds be combined?
indytechpr804 Offline

Loc: indianapolis, in usa
Rikki -

A PR804 has 6 pads (i believe it is a similar set up to a KN7000, and some of the other KN boards)when you get into the menu, you can select from a number of styles, each with 6 pre-recorded sounds. Some of the pre-recorded sounds are really good, and those are the ones I am looking to combine. But I like your idea as well, did you use the Sequencer and record as seperate tracks, or how did you do it?

Indy

#56223 - 08/28/03 12:39 AM Re: Can Performance Pad sounds be combined?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I actually created mine from an external midifle based on the c chord. I loaded the midifile into the sequencer. Used the sequencer to pad function track 1 & 2. I only did it on pads 1 to 4. Pads 5 & 6 have a chord progression track and track1 ( not 1 & 2).

If you need more in depth details let me know, and I can tell you exactly how I did it.

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online