SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44286 - 08/15/03 08:26 AM Foot pedal for kn6000
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am looking into the possibility of a multi purpose foot switch for my kn6 ... any advice?.....
thnx,
t

#44287 - 08/15/03 10:44 AM Re: Foot pedal for kn6000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Scott Yee just sold his 4 switch pedal for the 5/6000. I didn't buy it because he said it doesn't work with the KN7.
You can get them from a Technics dealer.
Bebop

#44288 - 08/15/03 10:44 AM Re: Foot pedal for kn6000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Tony, I have two single footswitches and one technics switch that has four switches on one board. Both work great. Also I have one old big heavy switch made by Yamaha that works good also. The KN's are made to take up to six switches at one time. The only thing that they wont do is turn Ruthie on or off. At least when I look at the window that asigns the functions to each one there is none that says Ruthie.

Grandpa Doug

#44289 - 08/15/03 11:26 AM Re: Foot pedal for kn6000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Tony.
I bought a 4 way footswitch for my KN6000 and now transferred it to the KN7 and it works fine ,no problem.

Regards
Pete B.

#44290 - 08/15/03 11:42 AM Re: Foot pedal for kn6000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Don’t work??? The technics four switch controller made for the 5/6000 won’t work???? I wonder why mine does. I am using all my switches that I first bought for my 2000 and the four switcher (FZ-FC2) that I acquired for my 5000. An old buddy of mine has the same things as I do and they all work for him when he has upgraded his boards including his four switcher. Poor old Scotty. Maybe too much stress or something. Could be he meant it won’t work in his shiny new colored button tyros with no speakers. It’s getting harder and harder these days to believe anybody anymore. Hope Yamaha comes through for him with all the trouble he has had with his foot switch not doing what he wants it to do. Too bad Yamaha’s four switcher midi one is so expensive and so heavy. The bottom line! The Technics four switcher works on all their top line boards, is not too heavy and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I like my 7000, I like the music they make, I like the music all you guys make and share, I like Bebop's time and effort he donates for our pleasure I like the attitude of everybody on the technics forum. In fact, today, there is nothing I don’t like.

Grandpa Doug

#44291 - 08/15/03 02:23 PM Re: Foot pedal for kn6000
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Tony,

The four switch foot controller FZ-FC2 definitely does work with the KN7000. Also Carillon Studios in the UK had a variant which allowed you to use four individual foot switches thus allowing you to place them wherever you want. Alternatively if you have the resources to build your own there was a suitable circuit on a site of frequently asked questions on the KN5000. I don't have the address but I accessed it through the links on Gunnar Johnny's site. I used this approach and fitted microswitches either side of the expression pedal and left and right knee press swithes so that all can be operated without removing my foot from the expression pedal (my left foot being required for MIDI bass pedals).

Cheers
Len C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online