SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51508 - 07/30/03 01:14 PM KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
mike Hilton Offline

Loc: Scotland
I have recently changed my Yamaha Tyros for the Kn 7000 and it is, without doubt, a better all-round keyboard. However I do prefer some of the Tyros Styles ie Ballads / 8 Beat / 16 Beat/ Country. Has anyone managed to sucessfully convert these styles for the Kn 7000 and, if so, would they be prepared to give me a copy. I would of course pay for any costs.
Secondly can anyone reccommend a good sound system for "Home" use of the KN 7000. I am looking for sound quality not volume.

Many thanks
Mike

#51509 - 07/30/03 03:33 PM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Mike,
not that I'm aware of. I don't think Tyros styles are freely available, and conversions aren't usually all that succesful.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51510 - 07/30/03 04:17 PM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Technote sells a program that will convert Yamaha Tyro's and other Yamaha styles. I can't guarantee how good the convert will be. It is an upgrade from the free convert disk that comes with your KN7000. It works the same way, but will convert more styles from more instrument.

Marilyn

#51511 - 07/31/03 04:33 AM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Mike, It's encouraging to hear from another player, that has come to the same conclusion as I have. I bought a Tyros a couple of month ago but retained my KN7000. As you say, some of the Tyros sounds and styles are very good but I just cannot come to terms with the unfriendly operating system. I think it will be on the market very soon
There was a comment on this Forum, some time ago, that a player would "Rather admit to marrying the wrong person, than admit that they bought the wrong Keyboard"....... Well, here's one guy who is quite willing to confess that the Tyros was a mistake

The Technote convert disc which Marilyn mentioned, cost about £50 - if I remember correctly - I wish you luck trying to find it on their website

As far as a sound system for home use is concerned, I use a Technics 'Hi-Fi' system and a couple of good speaker cabinets (Leak Sandwich). I would suggest that almost any of the well known, currently available 'Hi-Fi' setups, around the £150 - £200 would be adequate. Make sure that the system has 'Line In' facilities

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51512 - 07/31/03 06:54 AM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Adding a subwoofer to my keyboard was the best thing that I ever did to my sound system. It is unbelievable the difference that one move was. I first added it to my 6000. I then upgraded to the 6500 and now the 7000. With the new organ samples especially, you would think you are in a cathedral. Almost blows the windows out not to mention how it vibrates my whole body. Wonderful stuff.

Willum, there was a day in my life when I was feeling kind of flush. I went out and bought the top of the line car. Man, was that ever great. In no time I got very used to operating the best. Everything seemed to flow so easily. Smooth and solid in every respect. Ever since then I can’t get myself to go back to anything less. I’m trapped. I know what you mean. I bought a Rolands once and kept my 5000. Wasn’t long and I gave the grandson a new toy. The Rolands!

Grandpa Doug

#51513 - 07/31/03 08:34 AM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Just a thought....All Yamaha Styles are in Midi format. If you load one into Cakewalk you can see all the Markers that show Intro Variations Ending etc:
You could play each part back at a time from Cakewalk whilst recording into the KN.
Alternative. try this excellent link containing Yamaha to Technics conversions.but not Tyros
http://home.c2i.net/gjgotaas/kn5special.htm

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 07-31-2003).]

#51514 - 07/31/03 08:58 AM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey Orb,
Don't feel bad. I always say the only people that don't make mistakes are people that don't do anything.
I bought the Yamaha 9000 last year because I was discouraged by all the posts I was reading about the Kn7000.
The KN6000 and the Yam 9000 were compatible and I played them both about the same.
Now with the Kn7000 in here, the Yam 9000 is no longer being used and is now a candidate for relagation to the "other" pile in the storage room. I am still playing the KN6000 to check songs sent into the mailing list.
I guess that other then you and I nobody else ever makes mistakes, (to hear them post it
Bebop
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Mike, It's encouraging to hear from another player, that has come to the same conclusion as I have. I bought a Tyros a couple of month ago but retained my KN7000. As you say, some of the Tyros sounds and styles are very good but I just cannot come to terms with the unfriendly operating system. I think it will be on the market very soon
There was a comment on this Forum, some time ago, that a player would "Rather admit to marrying the wrong person, than admit that they bought the wrong Keyboard"....... Well, here's one guy who is quite willing to confess that the Tyros was a mistake

The Technote convert disc which Marilyn mentioned, cost about £50 - if I remember correctly - I wish you luck trying to find it on their website

As far as a sound system for home use is concerned, I use a Technics 'Hi-Fi' system and a couple of good speaker cabinets (Leak Sandwich). I would suggest that almost any of the well known, currently available 'Hi-Fi' setups, around the £150 - £200 would be adequate. Make sure that the system has 'Line In' facilities

#51515 - 07/31/03 08:04 PM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I actually have the disk that Marilyn's referring to. A friend bought it and ended up giving it to me , instead. He knows I used to be into style converting. I must admit I haven't used it yet, as I prefer to do it from a midifile where possible.
I unfortunately don't have access to a Tyros.
I have tried it on a couple of my 9000pro styles, and even though they sound sort of okay, I got a better result from a midifile , then from a seq to composer function.
Tyros styles aren't quite as easy, as they use the mega voices ( which aren't standard) so there'd have to be extra steps taken if created from a midifile.
Maybe the style conversion disk would work okay with the tyros, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try one.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51516 - 07/31/03 08:21 PM Re: KN 7000 - Yamaha Tyros Styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Willum,
sorry to hear your tyros hasn't worked out as well as you'd hoped.
I think technics has spoilt us over the years. They create great keyboards that are EASY to use.
I must admit I never really got into my Yamaha 9000pro either. Fantastic keyboard too, but just lacked some of the kn's functions, and not quite as intuative to use.

I ended up keeping it, as I would have lost too much money trying to sell it. I had kept it for too long. It was well over a year old by the time I got the kn7 and to try and trade it, it would have been worth even less. I discovered over the years, that if I ended up with something I really didn't like, the sooner I resold it, the better, especially if there was a new model in the offing.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Hi Mike, It's encouraging to hear from another player, that has come to the same conclusion as I have. I bought a Tyros a couple of month ago but retained my KN7000. As you say, some of the Tyros sounds and styles are very good but I just cannot come to terms with the unfriendly operating system. I think it will be on the market very soon

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online