SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53197 - 07/27/03 08:50 PM Getting Technics KN5000 sounds into Logic
Rodders Offline

Loc: SA Australia
I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I have a Technics KN 5000 connected to my PC running Logic Audio through a STA DSP2000.

It works great in GM mode but I have trouble accessing the great sounds in the KN 5000 for use in the sequences I have made and edited on the PC. In GM mode I can choose instruments from the list and they are all named accordingly. I have found that I can access the other non GM sounds from the 5000, but there is no "map" for them.

I am changing banks and basically groping around in the dark to find the good sounds.
I have started to map them out on paper, but I was wondering if there was a patch or something that would enable Logic on the PC to "see" the sounds on the KN 5000 as it does with GM mode.

There appears to be maps for other brands of keyboards in Logic (Roland, Yamaha etc..) but not for Technics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rod

#53198 - 07/27/03 10:33 PM Re: Getting Technics KN5000 sounds into Logic
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Rod,
hopefully someone can help you, but just in case you don't have any luck here,
have you also tried to find a Logic user group? Some sequencers actually allow you to set up your own maps. I'm not familiar with Logic, so unfortunately I'm really not much help.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodders:
I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I have a Technics KN 5000 connected to my PC running Logic Audio through a STA DSP2000.

It works great in GM mode but I have trouble accessing the great sounds in the KN 5000 for use in the sequences I have made and edited on the PC. In GM mode I can choose instruments from the list and they are all named accordingly. I have found that I can access the other non GM sounds from the 5000, but there is no "map" for them.

I am changing banks and basically groping around in the dark to find the good sounds.
I have started to map them out on paper, but I was wondering if there was a patch or something that would enable Logic on the PC to "see" the sounds on the KN 5000 as it does with GM mode.

There appears to be maps for other brands of keyboards in Logic (Roland, Yamaha etc..) but not for Technics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rod

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#53199 - 07/27/03 11:37 PM Re: Getting Technics KN5000 sounds into Logic
Rodders Offline

Thanks Rikki,

I have posted the same query in the Logic section of this facility but have had no replies yet (in fact over the last year there have been only two postings to that service so I figured I would have more luck with the Technichs group....:)

I am fairly new to sequencing and am still coming to grips with Logic. I have much more experience with audio recording, and the great thing about Logic is it lets me do both.

I will see if I can create my own maps in Logic, thanks for the tip!

Cheers!
Rod

#53200 - 07/28/03 04:32 AM Re: Getting Technics KN5000 sounds into Logic
techok Offline

Loc: Australia
Rod

A Technics KN5000 Instrumant Definitions File (KN5000.ins) is available for downloading at:
http://home.no/gunnar-jonny/bobs/InstrumentDefinition.htm

The file is for the Cakewalk Sequencing program, however you may be able to modify it for Logic. Use Winzip to unzip the file and then use a text editor (like Notepad) to display and edit.

Hope this helps.

#53201 - 07/28/03 04:42 PM Re: Getting Technics KN5000 sounds into Logic
Rodders Offline

Thanks for that techok.

I already have that file and will give it a try.
I was just hoping that someone had done one for logic already:-)

Cheers!
Rod

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online