SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#44479 - 07/20/03 03:19 PM Problem with one touch play
tonykn7000 Offline

Loc: Colchester , Essex , UK
Hi All

If I select a rhythm and press one touch play the music style arranger moves to variation 2. I pretty sure it always went to 1 first. I reloaded a song I recorded some months ago so as to get a known ok set-up deleted it from the sequencer to leave just setting and it still goes to 2 unless I
press panel memory 1 and then it goes to 1.
Am I just getting senile in my old age or have I changed something that I am not aware of.

Best regards
Tony

#44480 - 07/20/03 03:33 PM Re: Problem with one touch play
Tony Lawton Offline

Loc: England
Mine has always done the same and gone straight to No.2, i find it very strange but assumed I was doing something wrong. SO I will watch the replies to this post with interest.

#44481 - 07/20/03 03:56 PM Re: Problem with one touch play
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello!

The KN6000 and KN6500 also default to Variation #2. I have no idea why Technics designed the keyboards that way since logic would seem to dictate defaulting to Variation #1. But that is the way it is.

Chuck

#44482 - 07/20/03 07:11 PM Re: Problem with one touch play
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Always variation 2 which seems a good choice to me. As variations generally increase in complexity as you move from 1 to 4 I find it good not start with the simplest variation, but no. 2 is a good choice. Then after the initial few measures at variation 2 I may go to a more subdued arrangement using variation 1, then the more upbeat arrangement in variation 3 and finally variation 4.

This is all just using the standard variations in MSA. In practice I usually build up what I want in panel memories, but I often start using the above selections.

Mike

#44483 - 07/20/03 08:18 PM Re: Problem with one touch play
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
There is always two ways to skin a cat is an expression that was used here in the midwest by us farm boys or almost farm boys. If the keyboard is not playing and you have the MSA turned on and pick a rhythm the variation will remain at whatever you have it set at when you make your choice. If it is set on number one, for instance, before you choose a rhythm it will remain in that position ready to go. If you do the same thing and depress and hold down the one touch play button everything is the same except that the variation will change to number two. I always choose the variation I want and then choose my rhythm. That way there is no waiting for the one touch play button to do its thing. Much faster and a lot less hassle. The one touch play button will set up everything including the proper tempo for that rhythm. If you have a rhythm playing and choose another rhythm the tempo will not change with the new selection and will keep the tempo of the last selection. Under those circumstances if the one touch is triggered the rhythm will adjust to the preset tempo. Experiment with these ways. When playing a job I never use the one touch method for it takes too much time and is really not necessary. I always notate my music for the tempo and variation to start the song with. One, two three! Select the variation punch the rhythm, adjust the tempo if necessary and away you go. One, two and sometimes three! Neat. Mike, I’ll go along with you. Variation two seems to work most of the time for a good start. That gives you room to move around. Kind of like dealing with Ruthie. Leave your self some options. Start where you can either move up or back off a little as the situation dictates.

Grandpa Doug

#44484 - 07/21/03 03:17 AM Re: Problem with one touch play
tonykn7000 Offline

Loc: Colchester , Essex , UK
Many thanks for your kind replies
It's all clear to me now. I have only just discovered the advantage of music style arranger set to panel memory. As previously I had fill-in 2 on one pedal and panel memory increment on the other but panel memory does the two things on one pedal. So I thought I may have changed something so it went to 2 on one touch play.

Best regards
Tony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online