SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46451 - 07/11/03 10:41 AM Technics PR Owner/Players wanted. Apply within:)
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI All List Members,
We have Technics PR players that are looking for you.
Please take a look at this post and maybe respond to these members. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001761.html
It would be great if we can get some of the PR Players posting here. I know of a few and maybe they will stop by and share with us.
NOte to Bud Whipple and others that regularly visit Technics Dealers. Ask the dealers/salespeople if they would give the address of The Technics Forum in the SynthZone to the buyers of new Technics Instruments. Maybe we can gather some new PR owner/players that way. You are certainly welcom here and to post, as there are many pr members that read the posts but don't reply because they are not about their pr Instruments. We need to get more posts going about the PR Pianos.
We will be looking forward to seeing all you PR owners here soon
It would even be conceiveable that Nigel might set up a Technics PR Forum just for y'all if we can get enough people interested
Send me your email address and the Model of your PR Piano and I will set up a separate email list just for PR people if you would like.
Best to all
Bebop

#46452 - 07/11/03 03:27 PM Re: Technics PR Owner/Players wanted. Apply within:)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Beebop,
I actually have an old PR602, as well as my KN7000. The PR602 was basically a kn5000 equivalent, but without some of the keyboards features, like custom memory & style convert etc. I must admit I don't really use it much anymore, unless I want to play piano.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#46453 - 07/11/03 08:30 PM Re: Technics PR Owner/Players wanted. Apply within:)
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
I also have a PR900 sitting in my living room. Beautiful highly polished cherry wood. Sure looks good and still sounds great, like the day I bought it. Ruthie always has a vase with a beautiful rose sitting on it. From our garden when in season and from the flower shop in winter. By the other wall sits my KN. A shinny slab of silver sitting on a black cross of metal with a black bench seat made of the same. What a contrast with the PR and it’s beautiful wood bench and the KN. The PR gets dusted and the KN gets played. When we get together with friends, the PR gets tried for a few minutes and the KN gets all the attention the rest of the evening. When we go over to our friends, the 50 grand organ sits nestled against the feature wall and the KN sits in the corner. The organ has the looks and the KN’s got the sound. In fact the other day somebody asked the host to play his organ. He climbed up on the well padded bench with a backrest, rolled the top cover back, exposing an overwhelming amount of buttons and tabs, looked left and then right and said, where is that lousy switch. Finding it he turned on the power and the thing lit up like a christmas tree with the name Lawery running across the lit buttons like a marquee. After about ten minutes everybody was flocking around his 7000 and having a ball the rest of the night. That’s the scenario wherever I go now-a-days. Kind of sad in a way but time marches on. I think we are seeing a King being unseated. What once was considered a toy has now grown up and will soon become an adult, worthy to take a bow and walk into the lime light of success. Many will tryout for stardom but as usual only a few will clime to the top. For now I think I have picked the star and will perform with her with my fingers caressing her beautiful black and white keys. Her lovely voice wafting into my ears driving me to do things I would never venture into before. Oh, your rhythms drive me crazy and what a memory. Every thing I tell you, you remember. Your SD mind is so quick to recall and do what I desire. I desire to dance with one of our favorite songs and we are gliding into it almost as I am thinking of it. What speed and smoothness, my love. No wonder we play with each other for hours upon hours.

What, what? What did you say? OH! It’s you Ruthie. No, no I was kind of just thinking. Caught me by surprise, that’s all. Time for bed? Guess your right, OK I’ll be right up. Ya, ya let me shut old Mac down and turn my little baby off. Oh, come on! You know. Turn off the keyboard and close the cover. Enough is enough, cool it! You know what I mean. You know I like you but I love my seven too. Just an expression. My goodness!

Grandpa Doug

#46454 - 07/11/03 08:47 PM Re: Technics PR Owner/Players wanted. Apply within:)
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Bebop:

Thanks for the warm and generous welcome for PR owners. I guess since the PR's are more expensive, most choose the KN models. The portability of the KN's are useful if plans are to move it around alot. But some people like a piece of furniture to help decore their living space or play at one location and the PR's happen to be of choice.

I wish technics would incorporate full KN features in the PR's. I think the PR's are 1 KN model behind and feel that the PR804 may have most of the KN6500 features plus a little of the KN7000.

Other reasons why PR's are chosen it has the full 88 keys. My son takes piano lessons and the 88 keys are needed. Don't have to worry about getting a foot switch and has some good speakers... Although don't know why Technics went from 240w on the 903 back to 120w on the 804... Cost I guess.

Dissappointed that the PR804 lacks the following: No SD card, No user styles, wish the pattern copy included the sound arranger settings, alot of dead space in the view screen that can include more usefull info, and PR format files are not fully compatible.

Again thanks for making PR owners welcome. Hmmm, do you know the PR804 can load and play KN6000/6500/7000 hint hint hint...

Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online