SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58605 - 06/29/03 12:39 PM Portuguese Delight
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
To Jose,

Allow me to say what a pleasure it was to listen to your song. Your right hand melody line on the accordion, was brilliantly executed. The best I've heard. A super, simplistic, yet effective piece of playing. Please give us some more 'Portuguese'. Thanks.

Colin

#58606 - 06/29/03 06:23 PM Re: Portuguese Delight
riobom Offline

Loc: Porto - Portugal
Hello everybody !

Sorry for my wrong post.... something went wrong!

In first place thanks to all who send me congratulations for the song I send via Bebop.
The name of the song is "Corridinho do Alvor" which means in a free translation "Quick Dance from Alvor" - Alvor is a small village of Algarve in south of Portugal.
The author is a lady accordionist whose name is Eugénia Lima, he is now about 70 years old, and in the past was one of the greatest of all.

For those who asks me how I do this kind of songs here it goes a small explanation.

I start to make a step by step chord progression and a composer patern that fits in the song, and so I can forget my left hand.(Taking notes of the diferent parts of the song, bridges and so on)

Then I start to play te right hand using the realtime recording of te sequencer sometimes using cycle record, for each one of the parts, this permits me to quantize, change velocities, and correct any mistakes of misfinger. I use all the times "note edit" to do this.
Every time I finish " a part" I depart to the next part and repeat all the steps above til the end of the song.

In the gigs with my group I use this sequences and play upon it any other instrument. In this case I use another accordion doing a rythmic one.

I hope you understand my poor English.

Bye
José

#58607 - 06/29/03 08:25 PM Re: Portuguese Delight
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Bemvindo, Jose! Tem aqui neste "Synth Zone Forum" muito boa gente, e voce vai gostar do grupo. O seu ingles e muito bom, sem duvida melhor que o meu portugues! Muito obrigado pela musica; esperamos muito mais de voce no futuro. Outra vez, bemvindo, amigo!

Abracos dum amigo norteamericano; chamo-me Ted e moro nos Estados Unidos, em Wisconsin.

TRANSLATION, more or less, for all you Lusophiles who do not speak Portuguese

"Welcome, Jose! Here, in the Synth Zone Forum," you will find the greatest people, and you are really going to enjoy this group. Your English is very good, without doubt better than my Portuguese! Many thanks for the music; we are looking forward to more in the future. Again, welcome, my friend!

Hugs (NOTE: this is a common expression in Portuguese and doesn't imply over-affection!) from a North American friend. My name is Ted and I live in the United States in Wisconsin."

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 06-30-2003).]

#58608 - 06/29/03 10:02 PM Re: Portuguese Delight
riobom Offline

Loc: Porto - Portugal
Hi Ted

Wow ! Where did you learn your Portuguese ?
Have you ever been here?
Or are your parents from Portugal?
Your Portuguese is very good and the "phrase construction" very accurate.
I'm impressed....

#58609 - 06/30/03 10:00 AM Re: Portuguese Delight
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Jose! Thanks for the compliment about my Portuguese! It's a pleasure to have you among us all!

#58610 - 06/30/03 02:41 PM Re: Portuguese Delight
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Jose, Your performance is astounding - I thoroughly enjoyed it - Let's have some more.....
By the way, Ted is being very modest, he is fluent in several languages and used to teach Portuguese among several others....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58611 - 07/02/03 05:32 AM Re: Portuguese Delight
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Jose - I agree that your recording is amazing

Such talent - the whole recording was first class and very very enjoyable and I got the impression that you enjoyed doing it. It got my feet tapping with no trouble at all.

Joan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online