SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62891 - 06/29/03 07:12 PM Internal KN styles available?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I'm stongly considering getting a KN2600 with the SD feature. Especially if there is a good supply of good extra styles available.

It looks like external styles are availabe for the KN2000-7000? It sounds like it will work on these new boards?

What about internal styles from those same models? Are they available anyplace? And what about styles from other brands? Are the ones available good, or do they sound as bad as a great share of the conversions for Yamaha keyboards.

Also, since AlgoRhythm is closed, is there anyone or anyplace that you know of where I might be able to get them. Some time ago I heard there swing and jazz styles and thought if I ever got a Technics again that I'd just have to have these styles.

I used to have a KN1000 which I really liked, are any of those styles available for the post general midi change which made them different? I have some that were done for a Yamaha, so thought maybe these are also out there.

Thanx
Scott Langholff
(shhhh, happy PSR2000 owner)

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-29-2003).]

#62892 - 06/29/03 09:18 PM Re: Internal KN styles available?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Scott, since I got my keyboard start playing on Lowrey organs, I'll tell you where to get some extra styles from. Most forums for other keyboards have links to various sites and you can usually find files to download, from Roland, Solton, Korg, or Gem. Just convert them for your own use and you can gather a few thousand extra styles for your keyboard that will last you a few years. Your Yamaha styles won't directly convert, however, but there are always plenty of converted Yamaha files on the net. Do a Google search and you will find lots of files. Be prepared to spend lots of hours doing conversions. Or, if you are on the Bebop email list you will get some songs that have used styles from other keyboards and you can drop the sequenced song and retain the pattern style for your archive. Happy hunting.

#62893 - 06/30/03 11:42 AM Re: Internal KN styles available?
FlutteringBy Offline

Loc: Northern Canada
Hi Scott,

Here is a site that is located in Huntington Beach, CA & have a number of different Technics style disks for sale...I am in no way associated with this site, I happened to find it in a Google search & noticed that the disks they had listed were the same that I saw for sale in a music store....
http://www.keyboardstoday.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TN&Category_Code=KN6.5KS

As the 2600 uses SD, you may have to use the disks for the 7000, whereas my 2400 has a floppy drive & I can use the 6500 disks....it is interesting to see what's available.....

FlutteringBy

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online