SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48573 - 03/10/03 08:20 AM New Star "Jim Laing"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jim,

Great job. Flawless performance. My kind of music.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#48574 - 03/10/03 09:39 AM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
Poul-Henning Offline

Loc: Tjaereborg, Denmark
Hi Jim.
I can only follow Fran in the comments, you've done a great job
Looking forward to hear more from you in the future.
Best regards

------------------
Solomusikeren

#48575 - 03/10/03 11:20 AM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Enjoyed them - great stuff - look forward to the next ones.

Do you do requests!!!

Joan

#48576 - 03/10/03 11:46 AM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Jim;

You know how much I liked "Unforgettable"

Glad to have you aboard.

Alex

#48577 - 03/10/03 01:09 PM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Glad you are enjoying the songs I sent in - thanks for the comments/compliments! I'm sure I'll create another file of 10 songs sometime soon.

fyi, when you load my "stuff", you also will get my mostly-self-created Sounds - I have created some additional Theatre and Classical organ sounds, plus a variety of others too. Feel free to try 'em and use 'em . . .

Jim

#48578 - 03/10/03 02:03 PM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Thanks Jim for sharing your songs with us. I enjoyed listening to your compositions.
Greetings,
Cees

#48579 - 03/12/03 07:13 AM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Thanks Jim for sharing your talent with us. One question: how can I save your songs as single songs in a SD folder?. If I receive songs I normally create a folder named to the performer and save single songs. Doing it this way makes it possible to look for a songname in the folderlist without loading in the sequencer first.
Bert

#48580 - 03/12/03 12:22 PM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
jimlaing Offline

Hello ...

Hmm, not sure of the best/quickest way to do this. I'll do some experimenting and let you know. As this is the first time I have shared groups of songs, I'm still learning. I hope that my "10-pack" is mostly easy to use.

A not-so-quick way would be to do 10 saves, saving each song "slot" to a separate file. I'll see if I can find a better way . . .

Jim

#48581 - 03/13/03 07:28 AM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
hi Jim,
I did it the way you suggested: loadad the 10 songs from disc into sequencer, played each song seperatly and loaded into seperate file with corresponding song name on SD. Each time I load the song from SD the sequencer opens with the corresponding songname but contains the other 9 songs as well. This means that it uses unneccesary space on SD now and I want to minimize that.
I welcome any suggestion.
Bert

#48582 - 03/13/03 04:38 PM Re: New Star "Jim Laing"
jimlaing Offline

Hello,

Here another idea on how to do this:

1) Start with an "empty" Sequencer in the keyboard. You might have to do a CLEAR SONG for all 10 songs to accomplish this.

2) hit the SD button, select LOAD. Go to Page 3. Select "Sequencer" using by pressing the "Mode" over and over as needed. Load in one song (any of them). Probably best to load into Song number 1.

3) Now, SAVE this to the SD as you would usually.

4) Continue using Load, Page 3, to Load a different song in to the same song #, save again.

5) Keep doing this for all 10 songs.

Kind of tedious, but should work and should not save redundant data . . .

Hope this helps,
Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online