SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64545 - 01/21/03 07:50 AM NX sound and Midi, Wow!
Catsailor Offline

If you're using midi backing tracks and haven't loaded the music into your keyboard using the GM2 to NX format selection, you need to try it. The NX format will convert your midi instruments into comparable, better sounding Technics instruments; a midi acoustic grand piano into a Technics acoustic grand piano, a midi trumpet into a Technics trumpet, etc. It really works! Since I prefer to use midi backing tracks instead of styles (I have erased and converted 759 songs that were saved to my keyboard hard drive and reloaded them into NX format), I am really glad I stumbled upon this. This is a terrific capability that Technics has added to their instrument. My hat's off to them! I just wish they would have explained the NX sound capability better in their manual.

Happy midi-ing!
Peter

#64546 - 01/21/03 09:20 AM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
However the midi can only be played in a technics keyboard with NX now so don't send them out to a non owner. Hope you made copies of your midi files before converting them.
Bebop

#64547 - 01/21/03 10:59 AM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
Catsailor Offline

Good point Bebop! I always keep my midi files backed up on several different media and just transfer them to the keyboard. I don't think NX sound files can be copied to external media. I may be wrong, though. I haven't tried that, yet. I think the only files that can be loaded into the keyboard are SMF and Technics format. I have noticed some sound cards displaying the NX Sound format. I wonder if this is all the same. Does anyone know if other keyboards, other than Technics, have the NX Sound capability?

Peter

#64548 - 01/21/03 06:18 PM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
quote: Does anyone know if other keyboards, other than Technics, have the NX Sound capability?
NX stands for technics, so I would say no.
Peter[/B][/QUOTE]

#64549 - 01/22/03 10:30 AM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
Jarmo Offline

Loc: Espoo, Finland
Because XG-sounds trademark is reserved by Yamaha, Technics use NX-name for same purpose. Try downloding some XG-midis from Yamaha web-sites and play them with Technics with NX-sounds. Works perfectly.

#64550 - 01/22/03 11:00 AM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi there, maybe redundant, but i recommend to pay attention on the compatibility of the KN7000 with the other KN-types and GM2/NX (technical information). You can read this in your KN7000 reference guide page 54 (the blue book), especially when you works a lot with midi/NX.
Greetings
Cees.

#64551 - 01/22/03 12:26 PM Re: NX sound and Midi, Wow!
Catsailor Offline

Jarmo,

Thanks for the info. I'll try the XG midis.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online