SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#41934 - 09/22/02 07:44 AM problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I accidently tried to transfer a file from Pc to the kn7000 when the kn7000 was not in the home screen. So I got an error message.
I put the kn7000 on the home page and I still got the error message.
I restarted the kn7000 , the pc always the same message.
I reinstalled the usb driver and the applications and still not possible to tranfer to the kn7000.
What is wrong now ??

#41935 - 09/23/02 01:46 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

I deinstalled the program audio recorder and songmanager and reinstalled the programs.
Had no effect.
Reinstalled the driver...the driver is installed but I can't transfer anything from the pc to the kn7000.
Alwas the same messag : error...use transmission on home page screen. But the kn7000 is on the home page screen.
I hate this one...I couldn't sleep anymore this morning and I was awake at 05.00 am.
I tried to solve the problem...but now I don't know anymore.
Alain

#41936 - 09/23/02 04:20 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

it is extemely difficult to fault find this sort of thing at long distance without exact information.

It may be something is corrupted from a communication interuption. You should never interupt communication, only by the cancel command, and leave a few seconds between unplugging and replugging the usb connection.

Follow the instructions in the leaflet for uninstall on page 6 EXACTLY. Remove the Panasonic usb driver from device manager with everything connected. Then disconnect and reboot.

The applications should be removed from Control Panel, Add/remove programs. Reboot.
Now try installing from scratch.

If the driver has become corrupted it is more complicated. Depending on your version of windows, after having performed all of the the above again, search for the files in the root of the installation cd, ma*.*, and manually delete them from windows/inf, and windows/system. Do not attempt this if uncertain about any procedure. Reboot and install from the beginning.

again, it is very difficult to be specific at long distance without seeing the fault. When transferring songs, which come up on the sequencer screen, I forgot to exit to the home screen many times for the next file, and just carried on from the same error message, so this should not happen unless maybe communication was interupted somehow.

#41937 - 09/23/02 04:29 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

Thanks Alec but what is strange is that audio recorder works.... only transfering files with songmanager gives this fault message.
I can play mp3 files from the pc with the kn7000.
I already mailed to the kn7000 and received several mails but I didn't help.

This is what Chris (kn7000 site ) told me:
"try looking at the USB device installed and ensure that the manafacture of
the driver is Panasonic, and not Microsoft."
I did and it is panasonic.

Next message from Chris:
" know this sound strange but make sure that the play button isn't lit, you
can still see the homepage and this will stop transmission. Also songmanger
uses the USB MIDI Driver not the AUDIO one."
The play button isn't lit...so still no solution.

Strange

[This message has been edited by Alain (edited 09-23-2002).]

#41938 - 09/23/02 05:43 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

there are different usb drivers for midi and audio, so this is quite possible. (when you install 3 drivers go in, audio and 2 midis) You may have corrupted the midi driver without affecting the audio one. You maybe need to delete the midi driver to start again with a clean install?

#41939 - 09/23/02 06:35 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

I did delete all the drivers (inf and sys files ) in the system and inf directory .
I then did a clean install and again the same problem.
Audio no problem.
Playing midi with another midi program ...no problem.
Transfering files from songmanager to kn7000...always the same error message.

[This message has been edited by Alain (edited 09-23-2002).]

#41940 - 09/23/02 09:38 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

I think I solved the problem...I hope it stays like this.
When I installed the drivers and the software I connected the usb cable to the pc (usb hub) but not to the kn7000.
Audio worked...but not songmanager.
So I disconnected the cable from the pc (from the hub)...the cable was still in the kn7000. I waited and then connected the cable again to the pc and it worked.
Maybe a stupid question now...
I mostly leave my computer on..day and night but I power off my kn7000.
When I power on the kn7000 will everything still work or do I have to disconnect the usb cable and connect again to the pc ?
I know it is a stupid question but I struggled several days with this usb problem.
Thanks again all ( all = Alec)

#41941 - 09/23/02 11:07 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

you did not follow the instructions then if you had the cable permanently connected after the drivers are installed you have to connect the 7000 for the 3 drivers to recognise the 7000 automatically (3 sets of confirmation dialogs in a row)?

usb should only be connected after both computer and 7000 are powered up. You can leave the cable permanently in the back of the computer, but I would plug it into the 7000 after you switch the 7000 on, once the home screen has appeared.

#41942 - 09/23/02 11:23 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
Alain Offline

No no Alec ...I did follow the instructions.
I did not connect the cable permanently.
I ment I disconnected the cable on the kn7000 and let the cable on the pc.
When the drivers where installed and after a reboot I powered up the kn7000 and connected the cable to the kn7000. This didn't work.
So I disconnected the cable from the hub and left the cable in the kn7000.
After installation I connected the cable to the hub and then I could use the songmanager.
The drivers where always regognized...the three sets off confirmation always came up.
I know I am not so clever but I am not stupid Alec...hahaha.
Thanks for all your help...I hope the usb connection lasts.
Maybe I have to connect the kn7000 to the pc and not to the hub...but I only have two usb connectors on my Pc. One for the hub and one for my cable modem.
Alain

#41943 - 09/23/02 11:44 AM Re: problem transfer pc to kn7000
technicsplayer Offline

if it works in the hub fine... it says in the paperwork it is not guaranteed to work through a hub. Maybe the problem was trying to install through the hub, but once installed, depending on the particular hub, you may be able to use the hub day to day for operation.

Did you ever try the audio without the hub?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online