SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50897 - 09/12/02 02:19 PM Question for Alec
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Alec, In your report from the initial showing of the KN7000 at Frankfurt, you stated :
[QUOTE]
The “must have” feature of these new generations of keyboard is USB, and the KN7000 will have this facility.
The supplied CD will have drivers so that the KN7000 will appear as a new fixed drive in your ‘My Computer’ folder when you plug the USB cable in.
This means you can drag and drop files from your computer hard disk directly to the KN7000.
[END OF QUOTE]
I certainly can't see the KN7000 on 'My Computer'
Has the 'Drag and Drop' facility been superceded in the production models by the methods we now see? I think the 'Drag and Drop' method would have been better.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 09-12-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50898 - 09/12/02 05:14 PM Re: Question for Alec
technicsplayer Offline

if you had a card reader you would see a drive in my computer, and would be able to drag and drop. But the 7000 will not see the mp3 files that way.

This is defined by the decision to use SD cards, since Frankfurt was too early to show any programs. The encryption which makes the SD format attractive to the companies signing up for it means that you are forced to move mp3/aac files through the Jukebox program, and cannot do it through windows explorer. It should not be too much of a problem as long as you backup all audio before transfering because of the checkout limitation.
That's why I would have liked compact flash, but panasonic had to push their own format I suppose!

I also await whatever extension plug-in software arrives with interest.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online