SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43169 - 09/10/02 07:54 AM Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
One of our members has a "MAC" Computer but wants to have their songs published in the 20 for 1 song project. The compression format is .sit and Winzip is not able to open this file.
I find there is a Stuffit program for windows PC. My questions are then:
1. Would this program conflict with the Winzip program I already have installed.
2. Will it work correctly on the Technics files that are zipped with stuffit on a mac and then unzipped with stuffit on a pc.
I think there are several "MAC" owner/users on this forum so this is a general information question that many can learn from. I am requesting that your answers be posted here on the forum.
Thank you for your help
Bebop

#43170 - 09/10/02 03:59 PM Re: Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Bill,
I use both Stuffit and Winzip on my Mac with no difficulty. Do you think a PC do as well as a Mac?
Frank

#43171 - 09/10/02 05:47 PM Re: Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hey Frank,

I want to thank you again for showing me how to send my keyboard music to others. Where do you get all that patience to put up with guys like me. But thanks again. Also I owe it all to you for encourageing me to become part of this forum after just reading it for almost three years. Sometimes I enjoy it but at times I wish you would have learned me to zip my mouth as well as my music. Wish you would put more of your music creations on your site. I have all of your work on my hard drive and play it for encouragement. Nice stuff. As you know I also run Macs at my place. No problems. I like no problems. I love good operating systems and I adore first class quality. That's why I stick with my Macs, my KN's, my PR piano and Ruthie. They all give me no problems, have good operating systems and are first class.

By the way, you know Bob and Hildegard Scholl. Hildegard has a Technics organ and has sent you her files when you were posting them on that other site when all of a sudden he decided not to like technics anymore. Never did figure that one out. But anyway Bob died about two weeks ago. Hildegard is still playing up a storm and is getting much better. Hilde is kind of in the dumps right now but I guess time heals all things.

Granda Doug

#43172 - 09/10/02 09:13 PM Re: Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Bebop, I am not sure but I believe there is a winzip for pc and a winzip for mac. The way to find out is to go to winzip.com and find out if it is downloadable in both formats. I think it is. If so, that would mean that mac winzip, zips it up in mac format. Therefore a pc would not be able to do it. But I am not positive. But I can offer a solution. If someone who has a mac wants to send you a song, I am sure they know someone who has a pc. Who doesn't now-a-days. So they can zip and send it from there. It is not a great solution, but it is one that will work. Maybe someone else will reply with a better answer but in case not, I thought i would offer mine.
Tony

#43173 - 09/11/02 04:32 PM Re: Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Bill and Sparky,
The zip program for the Mac is called Zipit which produces zip files that can be downloaded in both PC's and Mac's. I don't see why Stuffit and Winzip would not work without conflict.

Grandpa,
I've written to Hilde. You may know that Bob was a commercial photographer, like me, and will be missed by all the people who's life he touched.
Frank

#43174 - 09/11/02 05:42 PM Re: Compressing Technics songs with Stuffit
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
AMEN

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online