SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58412 - 07/25/02 04:57 AM Panel Memory + Intro & Ending / Synchro & Break
Albertg Offline

When I've found the best settings for a song on my KN6500 I store it in the panel memory and write it to the HD-SX6. In the HD-menu I choose to store the Current Panel and the Panel memory. So far, so good. After loading the file I want my KN to show up with Intro & Ending and Synchro & break on, so the only thing I have to do is play a chord. So I change both settings to 'ON', store in the PM and save the file as written above. When I load the file the Synchro & Break is on, but the Intro & Ending is off. Is this setting not stored in de PM?
Panel Memory mode is 'Expand'.
Most Filter category are 'ON'.
What am I doing wrong? Are there any options in the HD-menu that should be set to 'ON' to save the settings of Intro & Ending?

Greeting from the Netherlands.

Albert.

#58413 - 07/25/02 05:09 AM Re: Panel Memory + Intro & Ending / Synchro & Break
technicsplayer Offline

I do exactly the same so that I can play the instant the file loads.

Intro cannot be saved in panel memory, because otherwise if you call up a panel memory with intro in the middle of the song you will be in trouble because it will be recognised as ending.

Syncro is stored in panel memory so you can stop the backing, and start playing backing again just be selecting a panel memory.

The solution is to make sure intro is on when you save. Then the file will load with intro on if you do the rest of the things you describe in your post, ie save current panel too.

#58414 - 07/25/02 05:33 AM Re: Panel Memory + Intro & Ending / Synchro & Break
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec..... somewhat similar scenario ... I am saving a 'string' of PM's with different rhythms, voices, etc. for a song medley I want to perform ....I save PM1 with intro, save a PM2, on PM3, I would like to either a)use the intro for that particular rhythm, OR, b)use fill-in 1 or 2 as a lead in to the PM3 rhythm ..... am I correct that I cannot use the 'intro' as it would be recognized as an ending? .... and can I do option b) ?
t.

#58415 - 07/25/02 10:57 AM Re: Panel Memory + Intro & Ending / Synchro & Break
technicsplayer Offline

if you have a panel memory that is the beginning of a song, save the panel memory with synchro on.

save the whole file to disk with intro on and synchro on.

when you load the file, intro and synchro will be on, and if you don't want to start with the particular setup that comes up on load you can simply select any other panel memory for the beginning of any other song and intro and synchro will still be on.

if you have a sequence in the load you must make sure the panel write at the start of the sequence corresponds with the conditions in panel and panel memory you want, because sequencer reset is in effect another panel memory setup.

#58416 - 07/26/02 06:08 AM Re: Panel Memory + Intro & Ending / Synchro & Break
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Alec ..... once again, thank you .....
t.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online