SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58495 - 06/15/02 05:56 PM Technicsto Ketron
JohnRomero Offline

Loc: England
Hi to all that know me,

I just thought you might be interested to know that after 16 years of Technics instruments I have jumped ship and got myself a Ketron SD1. That having been said we will still support Technics with style software. The web site has had a major facelift and all are welcome to visit. www.carillonstudios.co.uk
John Romero.
P.S. Anyone else thought about jumping ship?

#58496 - 06/15/02 06:59 PM Re: Technicsto Ketron
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I gave it a lot of thought John, when I saw the KN6000 and the absurd situation with Keysoft Service's progress on the Tech Manager software as well as the price of the hard drive. But, decided to stay with the KN5000 and wait for the KN7000. We will see after more information is available on the KN7000. The KN7000 seems to be headed in the right direction, although I think the panel layout could be better and playing controls could be easier to reach. Seems like I have been playing Technics products forever. . . Whatever keyboard I buy will probably be my last. Soon I'll be too old to try anything new.

#58497 - 06/15/02 07:09 PM Re: Technicsto Ketron
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Don't talk yourself into that Bob, I'm going on 82, and no doubt will buy the KN-7000 after some investigation. Your like a bottle of good wine, you just get better as time goes on.....Your wonderful knowledge and know-how, should remain with you and with us, until your last note is played. Remember, "Attitude is everything"
Best wishes to you and all us old keyboard players on this wondserful forum. ARJ

#58498 - 06/16/02 12:06 AM Re: Technicsto Ketron
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi John
You've done a great choice when picking the SD1 as the addon keyboard. I have said it several times at the forums, to have both the KN and the SD would be "heaven" for me and my way of use.
But, I've not done any bargain yet, the weekly lottery has not been drawing my numbers..... but maybe next week??
GJ

Btw, I had a SD1 for a few days to try out, and even posted a "report" about it.
Keep in mind it's over a year ago
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/001755.html

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 06-16-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#58499 - 06/16/02 02:56 AM Re: Technicsto Ketron
technicsplayer Offline

I agree the SD1 is undoubtedly the most interesting of the competition at this time, (in a near comparable price range) and provides a entirely different 'flavour' to the kn which would complement rather well, and provides an exitement factor missing from the other competition.

It has its own operating foibles, and the needs of the performer are different to those of the home player, but that is the one I would look at as a second keyboard while waiting to see what the 7k and tyros come up with.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online