SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64010 - 05/29/02 10:53 AM extracting songs from a multiple sequenser file ?
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I don't know how to explain but I will try.
My English is not so good.
I have a lot off sequenser files....when I load some files they contain several songs.
Is it possible to extract each song apart and save as one file.
I hope you understand.
When you don't extract the same panel memories are used for all the songs.
Thanks ,
Alain

#64011 - 05/29/02 11:49 AM Re: extracting songs from a multiple sequenser file ?
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Alain
If you mean that you have for example 3 songs (a medley) on 1 sequencer file and you wish to save as three seperate songs. You could edit the sequencer file and delete/erase all measures except those containing song 1 then save as a new file. Then back to the original sequencer file and repeat deleting/erasing all measure except those containing song 2 etc. I know it sounds a bit long winded and no doubt someone will come up with a much short method
Anyway, good luck with it
John

#64012 - 05/29/02 11:56 AM Re: extracting songs from a multiple sequenser file ?
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
Thanks for your reply but that's not what I meant.
I have files....and when you load them into the kn6500 ....it loads actualy 10 songs at once.
It's not a medley...each song is a song on his one.
So I want to extract each song seperatly and save as one song.
Thanks,
Alain

#64013 - 05/29/02 12:42 PM Re: extracting songs from a multiple sequenser file ?
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Alain
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Make sure you keep a copy of the 10 songs first. Then go into sequencer, song clear, and clear songs 2 - 10 then save as the name of song 1 . Reload the copy of the 10 songs then song clear each song except song 2 and save in the name of song 2 and repeat for the rest of the songs. You can also copy each of the songs 2 - 10 into the song 1 position before saving the file.
John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 05-29-2002).]

#64014 - 05/29/02 04:28 PM Re: extracting songs from a multiple sequenser file ?
technicsplayer Offline

already answered this on the technote forum...

there is no need to do all this clearing and copying when you can extract and replace each song in a single operation.

you simply use page 3 of the save and load page with a floppy disk.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online