SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64112 - 05/05/02 03:07 PM String, Strings and MORE Strings
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Alright folks,

There are string sounds in bank A,B and C. All the Sound Processing and Panning has been done. Technichord has been added in many cases, but those of you with argil fingers may want to turn it off. You will note that Bank C in many cases has the same voice in both Right 1 and 2. This is so different processing can be applied to each voice.

There are three Composer Patterns oriented to strings and as you select factory patterns you will note that in a number of cases the sound arranger light comes on. It simply shows changes I’ve made in the voices of various patterns.

These are all very theatrical ideas, made to make women faint and grown men cry. Please set the levels to suit your own taste and have some fun.
Just click on Frank’s Strings, on the KN6000 page of: www.kool-keys.com

Frank

P.S. As always we all benefit from your thoughtful comments and suggestions.

#64113 - 05/06/02 04:06 AM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi Frank,
Many thanks for for the wonderfull strings and what a great selection they are.I have tried to set up my own rich and full sounding strings without much success in the past, so your settings are well appreciated by me.As I am new to keyboard playing and music in general there is really nothing I can offer in the way of constuctive comments except I shall give them considerable use
regards Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 05-06-2002).]

#64114 - 05/06/02 06:35 AM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
Frank Bez Offline

CORRECTION
I’m sorry I made an error on Bank A, Panel Memory 5. The Right 1 sound should be Mellow Ensemble from the Pad Menu of the Sound Group. This was the original Deep Rich String combination.
Frank

#64115 - 05/06/02 01:49 PM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Thanks FRANK, best regards,BENNO

#64116 - 05/06/02 04:37 PM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Thanks Frank, Super. hava a good Gig. Regards. Walter.

#64117 - 05/08/02 07:40 AM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Thanks a lot Frank. Very nice strings! Nice of you to offer them for others to try and use. Have a good one! Spark

#64118 - 05/09/02 03:34 AM Re: String, Strings and MORE Strings
Frank Bez Offline

My thanks to all for your generous comments. A number of you have written me directly inquiring about the use of strings for various styles of music. Of course strings are traditionally used in ballads and Broadway and motion picture sound tracks, but Pop Rockers such as Elton John and Sting have used strings in their most popular arrangements. Also, Diana Krall’s newest CD of jazz standards has outstanding string arrangements by Claus Ogerman. So, I guess the answer is that strings can work for almost any type of music. They certainly are a great way to do the final chorus of a song or add a nice change of pace when used on the bridge of a song that is primarily played with a single solo instrument.

Another thing you might try is to play these string registrations without any rhythm. Each Panel Memory is set up to be used this way. Just turn the Synchro/Break switch off and play the chords with your left hand and melody with your right hand. This is a very nice way to play hymns or a wonderful old song like “Danny Boy”.

Frank

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online