SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39796 - 04/09/02 02:24 AM Lost sound effects
Max Kristensen Offline

This weekend I became a problem with my K6. I have the HDSX6 installed and when I load from the HD every time I need a new style. In the PM banks A,B and C I have some settings (sounds) whitch fit to the style. But often I use a sound from one of the sound banks (not stored in PM) while playing af song. Now the problem is that I do not (any longer) seem to get the factory set part settings (DSP and effect)when I select a sound. The part setting just keeps the setting whitch was stored in the panel memory that i started chosing earlier. Can anyone tell me how i get the factory set effects when selecting a sound this way ?

Max

#39797 - 04/09/02 05:44 AM Re: Lost sound effects
technicsplayer Offline

first step sound load option in either the sound or the reverb & effect menus?

check that everything is still on.

#39798 - 04/21/02 11:18 PM Re: Lost sound effects
Max Kristensen Offline

I have now found the source my strange sounding sounds. It had nothing to do with the sound load option, they were all on with all my styles.
When going through all styles and belonging styles I found a certian PM that initiatet the problem. The I selected other sounds with this PM as "base" all sounds had some strange chorus and the would keep going even if I loaded other styles. When turning off and on the keyboard the sounds were back to normal until "hitting" this certian PM.

The solution was simpel just select another PM and store this to the faulty one and resave the style to the HD.

#39799 - 04/22/02 01:13 AM Re: Lost sound effects
technicsplayer Offline

that doesn't sound like normal operation!

#39800 - 04/22/02 08:50 AM Re: Lost sound effects
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I've had something similar happen to me in the past. When I had 3 styles load into memory at the same time and one happened to carry a sequenced song, the panel memory for the sequenced song would try to dominate sound memory, especially when I pressed PM1 before any others. Even after switching sound memory banks, the errant sounds would come back on their own. It made no sense at all, but by using the composer and deleting the 2 piggyback styles, and keeping the one I wanted to use in memory bank A, I got rid of the unwanted intruders. It isn't something I can duplicate, it just happens, and I can prevent it by checking the memory banks before I start a project. A hint - store your favorite sounds in memory, but move them to a PM location if you're going to use certain sounds with a certain style, then save the result to disk for permanent use. Also, you won't run the risk of overwriting the sounds in the memory banks when you load another style. By the way, this never happened when using commercial styles, only converted ones, and I have had parts of my sequenced songs show up on completely unrelated style disks. I never could figure that one out!

#39801 - 04/22/02 09:10 AM Re: Lost sound effects
technicsplayer Offline

this is a different effect caused by the sequencer control track being active whilst you think you are not playing the song, and using other panel setups. The control track will bring back the previous setups programmed for the song.

Either initialise just the sequencer on its own,

or, better still, save style and registration setups with a blank sequencer. This will then overwrite any previous song on load and prevent this happening with new style, sound and registration setups from that load.

#39802 - 04/22/02 12:18 PM Re: Lost sound effects
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Ahhh...that explains a lot. Would the sequencer play light be lit if the control track was still active? It would seem that the following load would clear the sequencer, but evidently that didn't happen, and if certain conditions were met 5 or 6 loads and saves later, the control track would actually be in control. I know strange things can happen where electronics are concerned, but some problems can be real posers and it certainly helps when someone knows what is going on and can explain the process. It helped me, but I'm not certain if it helped anyone else. Thanx

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online