SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48708 - 02/03/02 01:06 PM Chit Chat Bigtime
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Just to prove a point click here http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002921.html & see the sort of crap that is going on & it is supposed to be an general arranger forum anybody requiring help with a technical keyboard problem(not one in sight) may as well be talking to the man in the moon
Johnnie

#48709 - 02/03/02 01:58 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Johnnie
Just been over and had a look. Like you say what a load useless rubbish. That must be why this forum is so successful, there is the music help,the chat,the humour, and the exchange of ideas. No better place to be.
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:
Just to prove a point click here http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002921.html & see the sort of crap that is going on & it is supposed to be an general arranger forum anybody requiring help with a technical keyboard problem(not one in sight) may as well be talking to the man in the moon
Johnnie

#48710 - 02/03/02 02:46 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You must understand that even though that particular thread may not be of interest to you, it is simply a number of regular members on the forum letting eachother know what they have been up to. These same members also contribute much to the forum on a regular basis. It is only natural that at some point people want to have some social interaction with those they are dealing with on an almost daily basis. As you can also see, these threads are in the minority and I'm sure the titles "What Have You Been Up To" and "Niagara Falls" pretty much forwarn you of the content so if you do spend time reading them it is only due to your own curiosity. I doubt if anyone's life will fall apart from spending a few extra minutes perusing these threads. And as many of these members are also fulltime musicians, what they've been up to, can also provide some useful info on performing even if indirectly.

The General Arranger forum is successful because people feel comfortable there and aren't afraid to post what they wish to say. But they also know I will keep the forum clear of spam, obnoxious postings, and general trouble makers which have been responsible for so many public discussions failing over the years.

It is a fine line when setting restrictions on postings, and I prefer to not control discussion except in those cases where it is unavoidable. This is after all PUBLIC discussion and you can pretty much establish your own guidelines on what you want to talk about. I will only step in when a problem seems to arise. And I have allowed BEBOP to Moderate so that you know that I am allowing you full control of your discussion on the Technics Forum.

Anyway, enough of this Chit-Chat

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-04-2002).]

#48711 - 02/03/02 04:38 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Well said Nigel.
Don't worry about Johnnie. He is easily led and tends to go overboard.

#48712 - 02/03/02 05:15 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello Johnnie
Have been a member of this board for some considerable time although have not posted much lately.
I think it a little crass to say the least that you would post in such derogatory terms on something you obviously know nothing about.
Many of the people on this board have been here years and as such have got to know each other rather well. Whilst the thing we all have in common is that we share a love of music and making music this does not make us any the less human. As human beings we tend to enjoy our interactions with those who share similar interests to us. It would be a sterile place if we only ever discussed the things that were pertenent to our primary reason for being here.
I find it a little ironic that the move from technote seems to have been partly a protest at censorship whilst the very people who complain about that would, given half a chance, limit topics here to what they deem acceptable.
Maybe as a contributor to the above 'sort of crap' thread I am being a little defensive? Maybe I am paranoid that the kind of bickering prevalent at Technote seems to have moved with us? Maybe I would have had the good manners in the first place not to have called someone else's post crap having not been around long enough to know the people and the personalities involved?
best wishes
Tony W

#48713 - 02/03/02 08:45 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Thanks Nigel and Tony, You saved me a lot of typing.

#48714 - 02/04/02 11:42 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by peter castanos:

Don't worry about Johnnie. He is easily led and tends to go overboard.[/B]

Fancy meeting you here Peter long time no see although I did notice your posts on Technote under a different name.

Do you remember the old ( great west music) Canada Technics & the first Technote forums.
Funny thing I kept all those old postings for posterity
Johnnie

#48715 - 02/04/02 02:59 PM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
pray tell johnnie, what was that other name?

my recollection is that you are the only person who frequents these forums who posts under false names.

#48716 - 02/05/02 01:35 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
There are many members here that choose to use a pseudonym. That is everyone's perogative to choose the name they wish to post under. While I prefer to use my real name, that is simply my personal preference.

#48717 - 02/05/02 01:47 AM Re: Chit Chat Bigtime
technicsplayer Offline

Hey, Cool It, Guys!

Peter, as a long term reader of Canada and Technote you must be aware that there were posts by the same person (not you I must add) using different names, and even different hotmail addresses etc.

To my knowledge of the forums Johnnie has not done this, as would be apparent by his shall we say 'direct' style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online