SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#44803 - 01/17/02 06:01 PM Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi all,
I have several disks from Technics where the songs are entirely pre-recorded ie, melody, chord changes, etc. These disks are useless to me in that format -- I want to play the melody, do chord changes, etc. myself. And, I want to be able to use these patterns and registrations for other songs. Can anybody tell me how to accomplish this as if you were teaching a "Basic Dummy 101" class? I do believe it involves using the composer portion of my digital piano and I have never used it before -- so, kindergarten instructions would be necessary. I have a PR702. I know most of you folks have a KN5000/KN6500, but I believe the principals are the same. Thanks

#44804 - 01/17/02 06:51 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
The KN5000 has a function that copies measures from the sequencer to the composer that results in a composer style. It is not something that is easily done. But, it is possible if you have the desire to really study the keyboard. Unless the rhythm patterns in the Technote disks are really exceptional, you would probably be better off just to find an acceptable composer pattern already available for the composer(Gunnar Jonny has hundreds). I am not certain that this function is available on your PR702 but I expect that it probably is.

#44805 - 01/18/02 06:50 AM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Sissle Offline

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply. The patterns and registrations on the disks that I have are not all that great if it is going to take major overhauling in order to edit the disk. Will forget that idea for the time being. I don't think that GJ's disks are compatible with my 702. Sure wish they were, because I would love to have some of his genius as a background for my music! Carol

#44806 - 01/18/02 07:22 AM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Sissle,
do you know if your 702 reads any KN models
disks at all?
I'm not sure, but maybe I can find out.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#44807 - 01/18/02 10:31 AM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Unless they are very thematic try just switching off the sequencer. worth trying. Regards

Quote:
Originally posted by Sissle:
Hi all,
I have several disks from Technics where the songs are entirely pre-recorded ie, melody, chord changes, etc. These disks are useless to me in that format -- I want to play the melody, do chord changes, etc. myself. And, I want to be able to use these patterns and registrations for other songs. Can anybody tell me how to accomplish this as if you were teaching a "Basic Dummy 101" class? I do believe it involves using the composer portion of my digital piano and I have never used it before -- so, kindergarten instructions would be necessary. I have a PR702. I know most of you folks have a KN5000/KN6500, but I believe the principals are the same. Thanks

#44808 - 01/18/02 05:11 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Sissle Offline

Hi GJ,
I think it is very capable of reading any disk for a KN5000. That is what a PR602 and PR702 is equivalent to! Please tell me you have something for me --- I am on my knees praying until I hear from you! LOL
Carol

#44809 - 01/18/02 05:13 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Sissle Offline

Hi Walter,
Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to sit at my piano later tonight and figure out if that will work. Will let you know what happens.
Carol

#44810 - 01/18/02 05:36 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Carol,
when you say pre-recorded, is it like a midi-file, or a sequensed song where you can see the chord-changes in the display?
If so, then the style/patterns is in the composerbanks, and the only thing you have to do is turn off the sequencer, and set the PR as you normally do when play songs with styles/patterns or whatever you like to call it.

If it is a kind of midi-format, where the song is only in the sequenser, then it's more complicated. then converting, copying, patse etc. is the only way to make it as a pattern/style or.......
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#44811 - 01/18/02 06:00 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Sissle Offline

Hi Walter and GJ,
You guys are way COOL! I can't believe it, but it worked. I loaded the song, saved it to disk without saving the sequencer, and lo and behold, I have just what I have been looking for all along. You have just given more meaning to all those free disks I got with my subscription to that "other" places magazine! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I have a task to do -- Go through all my disks with pre-recorded songs on them and save all the sounds, but not the sequencer! Again, thank you -- You people on this forum are wonderful!
Carol

#44812 - 01/18/02 07:21 PM Re: Modifying Technics Pre-recorded Disks
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
That's great, Carol. I am surprised that the disks use composer patterns. Most of the commercial stuff I have seen puts everything in the sequencer without using composer files.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online