Hi togther,

visited today the Frankfurt Musikmesse (its only approx. 1h from my home) and I want to share some information I've got on Audya, Audya4 and Audya5.

Audya4 and Audya5 are based on the same HW as the Audya.

The only difference is (appart from the keys and joystick)

a.) The 16 buttons on Audya4 and Audya5
b.) Audya has a Digital SPdif In / Out, Audya4 and Audya5 not.

They told me with OS4 Audya, Audya4 and Audya5 will have the same functionality (appart from the above mentioned differences)

They told me also that memory exppansion is also possible for the Audya - depending on the production date. But I guess it is also possible to upgrade early Audyas with a new sound board. They offered me to check this for my Audya.

OS4:
Ketron will provide it after the fair, I only got the information shortly after the fair - whatever it means. As I understood the problem is now how to provide the SW as the update will be more than 1GB of data.

On all of the different Audya types OS4 was installed. Yes, they improved a lot of things - and yes I saw also the style editor.
To summarize it: I liked what I saw and heard.

Availability of Audya4 & Audya5: June this year (stated in one of the videos on the Ketron home page)

Other impressions from the fair:

- No new arranger news from Korg, Yamaha and Roland
- Some of the booths were smaller (my impression) than the last year (guess due to the economic downturn)

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 03-27-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 03-27-2010).]