Hello all,
I decided to start this thread regarding the new Ketron Audya and accessibility for the blind and visually impaired musicians.
A few comments about this has already been posted by AJ in the following thread: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018976.html
I have a few comments and hopefully some more people will join this thread.
If you are going to make the buttons beep, it would be nice if there were two sounds, one for activating a feature and another one for deactivation. For example, it could be a lower sound for deactivating.
In menus, it would be nice if they don't wrap back to the top when reaching the bottom. Or if they do, there could be some other sound that would indicate that the menu has been wrapped to the top.
When it comes to speech, it would be nice if the speech could read other options and not just the menu. It would be very cool if it would work in the sequencer, sampler and the harddisk recorder.
For a new user, a training mode option would be great. You press a button and the speech will tell you what the buttons are for so that the user can get familiar with all buttons on the instrument.
Well, that's all for now, but I think I will have some more comments and questions in the near future.
Thanks Ketron for being interested in making the Audya accessible and I hope you will do it!