I got turned on to Ketron arrangers through someone on this site and I've researched as much as I could about the products. Went to see and play the SD5 and SD1 today and was knocked out by the inherent dynamics in this keyboard and the excitement it brought out in me. I found myself absolutely motivated to play and with new ideas pouring out of me with each dance style and instrument patch. This was after playing the G-70, PA1X, and Tyros2 in another store for many hours. In all fairness, I like the navigation system and all the bells and whistles on the G-70 which I don't think I'm going to find on the Ketron products. Nevertheless, unless the Roland E-80 changes my mind, it appears I'm going to go with a Ketron. Best sounds I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to these instruments as most of you know the stores don't stock them.

Can all of you who are familiar with any Ketron product advise me what you're doing with YOUR units and what keyboard (or Midjay) would you advise me to focus on? And....what features do you like best that are unique to Ketron and what's missing compared to the others? Do all the models sound pretty much the same? Any advice or comments at all that you have is welcome? There has to be a catch somewhere. This keyboard sounds toooooo perfect!

Thanking you in advance for leaving your posts below.

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 04-27-2006).]