SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#362884 - 03/11/13 07:46 AM Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing
leezone Offline

i think i know the answer to this, you can't do it.

i know the UK team and Ketron have the know how and tools to do so as it's done with their USB sticks

i think WE the users should be able to copy-protect styles.
i feel that there are many talented programmers, musicians, etc. that would love to create and sell styles but because of the lack of copy protection, do choose not to.

i know at least 2 cases where this is happening and have since stopped developing for the AUDYA

i feel this is very unfortunate for Ketron and the "enhancement" of the AUDYA in general.

what are YOUR thoughts on this?
would you like to see ability to protect your work?
i think it's a win-win for everyone

why is it we can't or are not given this ability?

Edited by leezone (03/11/13 07:48 AM)

#362888 - 03/11/13 08:07 AM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: leezone]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Leezone

I set up a pole and discussion here last year, and more were in favour on not protecting.

Bill

#362891 - 03/11/13 08:41 AM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

thanks abacus

as Nigel stated in that thread:
"not protecting the styles will kill the incentive to develop new styles for sale."

this is exactly what's happening

i think these custom PRO styles need to be protected.

getting things for free is great but NOT at others expense.

let's give credit where credit is due
these styles take a massive amount of time and resources to develop

if you take your profession seriously, then act professional as well and do things the right way

yes, we should be allowed to get x-tra copy for OUR backup/use.

#362892 - 03/11/13 09:18 AM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: leezone]
alliehoe Offline

Loc: den haag Netherlands
i Created styles many years for the Roland G70 and now
for Audya, its a lot of work and i realize that styles
and midifiles will be copied. For me its part of the deal
and we have to accept this, if you have to make styles to
make a living its not possible anyway so i think its a nice
hobby and make some money sometimes. On the other site I
give away a lot so it would inspire if some styles are sold sometimes.

for those who want to buy nice styles for Audya www.keyboardspeler.nl

#362932 - 03/12/13 03:58 AM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: alliehoe]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
allie... your styles is nice, but what we listen is "midi sound" you can hear a good styles, song style, ok you make a good job, but the "sound" is so midi sound. what we need and what we can have is a potential audio styles.
...about protection I can undestand, is a big proble, I think who make good styles must sell to ketron, or aj or uk ecc. and then they protect and sell us

but... is really the protection problem that we don't see new
styles ?
many people here talk about program and create many good styles . but really ? maybe some is interesting.. demo ? where ? nothing ?
is really good styles (programming from zero) that some of us make ? or is simple styles copy part from another or use library ketron ecc....

who really make good styles please give a demo

I'm really working on audio styles , full working, with audio drum, part guitar played trough midi guitar ecc... all part really recorded, not copy.. it's a hard and long job
when I finish I will make a demo

who do the same ?

#363000 - 03/12/13 06:15 PM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

It is a nuisance having to copy protect stuff. Its time consuming and expensive - but many people are so used to downloading illegally without a troubled conscience, it has become necessary sadly frown

#363010 - 03/12/13 09:35 PM Re: Copy Protecting YOUR Audya Styles... Anti-Sharing [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

TWD

it's just sad that many here consciously choose to "bite the hand that feeds us"

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online