SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35475 - 06/26/10 07:12 AM bad sound from Audya
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
Yesterday I notice that the sound from the left channel was not the same as the right one, the problem come and go it was very frustrating, it sound like bad contact, I try all the channel I have and with different cable but nothing helped, today I have tested it more and can not hear anything wrong but when I lift the Audya upside down I can hear that inside there is a metal piece loose so I can someone give me instruction how to open and remove the metal piece, maybe it¨s a soldering that cause me the problem

#35476 - 06/26/10 08:36 AM Re: bad sound from Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
player1:

If you are having left channel audio out problems you should contact your dealer.

Many Audya owners on SZ including myself have had the same problems.

Based on what I've gathered, it is a motherboard problem. If you are still under warranty, contact your dealer ASAP.

The Audio problem will not go away.
The rattle you hear inside, is probably a board mounting screw that came loose and fell out.

Ironically, I had the exact same thing as you. ( Screws Loose )and Left Channel audio out.

If you are a new member here, just spend some time reading the many posts here. It won't take you long to see your problem is shared by many other Audya owners.

Jim

#35477 - 06/26/10 09:50 AM Re: bad sound from Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by player 1:
Yesterday I notice that the sound from the left channel was not the same as the right one, the problem come and go it was very frustrating, it sound like bad contact, I try all the channel I have and with different cable but nothing helped, today I have tested it more and can not hear anything wrong but when I lift the Audya upside down I can hear that inside there is a metal piece loose so I can someone give me instruction how to open and remove the metal piece, maybe it¨s a soldering that cause me the problem

Player1,

There should not be screw loose in Audya, we have the screw loose in our heads for buying the Audya, I will send you a Power Point presentation showing you how to get the top off, if you find a screw rolling around find out where it came from and take a photo of it, this is stupid beyond belief that such and expensive KB as such poor quality control, this is not the first time this has happened either. Ketron do really want a kick in the backside. I don’t think the loose screw is causing your problem, that is MB or SB. This saga keeps rolling on and on like a bad dream. Player 1 at least you are not in the USA so you should get some action from your dealer. If you gig and that loose screw get onto a PCB it could be the end of your playing for a while so I would fish it out.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35478 - 06/26/10 10:43 AM Re: bad sound from Audya
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tony:

Remember I had only two screws holding in the sound board and both were loose. Also one rolling around in the case.

Player1's post sounds just like mine several months ago.

It saddens me to read about all the complaints about the Audya.

They apparently had a string of bad mother boards because we all share the same audio problems.

I will soon have a new MB on the way. I'm hoping it will eliminate my problems.

Even with the problems, the Audya is still my favorite Arranger I have ever played.

Jim

#35479 - 06/26/10 11:45 AM Re: bad sound from Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Tony:

Remember I had only two screws holding in the sound board and both were loose. Also one rolling around in the case.

Player1's post sounds just like mine several months ago.

It saddens me to read about all the complaints about the Audya.

They apparently had a string of bad mother boards because we all share the same audio problems.

I will soon have a new MB on the way. I'm hoping it will eliminate my problems.

Even with the problems, the Audya is still my favorite Arranger I have ever played.

Jim

How are these keyboards being shipped to have screws come out in transit? Engineering at the pinnacle. How bad does it need to get for us to let go and say it’s crap, you can’t say it’s the best arranger ever, when you turn it on and it doesn’t work. You need to re-phrase it and say " when it's working properly my Auyda is the best thing since sliced bread" then we will understand , it's a bit like a blind man saying " I see "....

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 06-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35480 - 06/27/10 11:40 AM Re: bad sound from Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

I have take a close look at all the screws in my Audya and there are no anti shake or anti vibration washers on any of them. If you are gigging your KB is going to get vibration to some tune and this may well loosen screws, all of you that have had loose screws do you gigg and move your KB around, I very rarely move mine now.

Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online