SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34764 - 03/15/10 05:03 AM How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi!
I would appreciate a lot some hints from those who know or own Audya keyboard – namely I would like to find the quickest and most efficient way to switch from SD1 to Audya.
On SD1 I exclusively use styles, unchanged factory or slightly modified factory styles.
So I wonder when I get Audya should I just go from song to song and seek for the best match among Audya styles or should I copy the styles from SD1 and add audio guitars from library (most probably I have to use this option with modified styles).
How many styles from SD1 are reused on Audya and enhanced with audio parts?
Thanks a lot,
Luka

#34765 - 03/15/10 08:26 AM Re: How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would (and did) start over and audition all the styles on the Audya. Many of the SD styles are there too, and they have already been customized for the Audya.
Be sure and explore ALL style categories, because many styles seem to be in the "wrong" categories.
It's easy enough to add your old styles. You can try them directly from a USB drive. If you save them to a registration, then the USB drive is no longer necessary, as the registration remembers the style.
My advice: keep an open mind to using the new styles; don't try to merely duplicate what you already have.
Hope this helps.
DonM

#34766 - 03/15/10 11:38 PM Re: How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
Luka Offline

Thank you DonM, sure your advice is very helpful!
And could you please post or mail me your recent reply to justforfun000, answers to his questions might become useful for me, too.
Thanks,
Regards,
Luka

#34767 - 03/16/10 06:24 AM Re: How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
Tonewheeldude Offline

I agree with Dom on the categories, sometimes the styles are not where you expect them.

But its ok, because you have Factory Styles and User Styles folders on the hard drive. The users styles folder is essentially a clone of the factory styles, this means you can reorganize and move the user styles around and even delete ones you don't want without affecting the factory folder. I recommend leaving the factory styles folder alone.

The midi styles from your SD are recognized by [SD] after the filename. They also lack the Audya @ sign (for Audio). You soon realise that its nicer to play with the Audio styles as Don says, and end up hardly touching the SD styles at least as they are at the moment.

#34768 - 03/16/10 10:27 AM Re: How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Luka:
Thank you DonM, sure your advice is very helpful!
And could you please post or mail me your recent reply to justforfun000, answers to his questions might become useful for me, too.
Thanks,
Regards,
Luka

I updated my answer on that thread.
DonM

#34769 - 03/17/10 11:13 PM Re: How to quickly switch from SD1 to Audya
Luka Offline

Thanks, guys, such information is very valuable to speed up the adopting curve!
Regards,
Luka

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online