SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29095 - 12/25/06 04:17 AM footswitch delay
Tony H Offline

Loc: Germany
Happy chritmas to you all !
i have a small but irratating problem with my midjay. it seems to happen five or six time a night, there is a delay on the start pedal.
lets say if i have a song that has a guitar intro and want the drums to come in on the "one" whenever i press the start button, this is not the case,the midjay starts a split second to late . this may i add is verry embarrasing indeed.
what can i do to stop this.
thanks and cheers
Tony

#29096 - 12/25/06 08:33 AM Re: footswitch delay
Tony Hughes Offline

Tony, Merry Christmas, you say the problem happens 5 or 6 times a night, problem solved only use Midjay during day!

Found this in a cracker, hope you get it fixed.

Happy New Year when it comes

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-25-2006).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29097 - 12/26/06 04:57 AM Re: footswitch delay
Tony H Offline

with a crack like that tony i can only guess that you must be smoking the stuff, ill let you know.
cheers from the other Tony.
happy new year to you to have a good un

#29098 - 12/28/06 04:08 AM Re: footswitch delay
Tony H Offline

BUMP !
Anybody out there , ?????
is this forum dead or what ???
maybee its still christmas, but some of us musicians still have to work , and this little problem is becomming a pain in the +++
i have checked out another forum (Yahoo)its great, you can talk to people about stufff and get constuctive ideas back.
i wont be checking back here much from now on.
sorry no hard feelings to the mods, but i needed help and got none so i am off.see ya.
tony.
ps
happy new year to anbody who reads this.

#29099 - 12/28/06 07:10 AM Re: footswitch delay
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Tony,
I had the same problem with my Midjay. After some inquiries about the delay, I was informed that the reason for this is because the Midjay is "Hard Disk Based", meaning that everything has to be loaded off of the hard drive after you hit the start button. Also, the more files that you have in a folder, the longer the delay because the Midjay has to search longer for the file that you want to load, even though the delay was in the form of nano seconds, it is still a delay that was noticeable to me. Hope this answers your question.
Wally

#29100 - 12/28/06 08:36 AM Re: footswitch delay
Tony Hughes Offline

Tony H,

I share your concern about response on this site, the problem is simple its numbers, Ketron owners are not like Tyros 2 owners measure in 1000s and I am not sure at all about the Ketron set up on help it appears to be all via the USA and AJ ie. one man. I don't know what the link is. I can understand your frustration when you post a problem that you think someone else has got and you find no reply, I have a SD1+ World wide wide I am not sure how may have been made but I bet it's no more than 5000 if that - this spreads them thin. The operating system that Ketron use is DOS based and this went out on PCs about 15 years back, to load onto floppy disks is now unheard of on a PC, I am not surley telling you all something you don't allready know!

I was sold my SD1+ 12mths back by a distributor in Oldham England I think he had a few in boxes in the back and he said it was far better than the Tyros 2, I am not all that certain he was right and I now have a SD1+ with problems that I think are connected with a lack of investment in technology, I think we will all struggle with problems. With regard to your problem on delay if the last writer is correct and your kit write to HD or drags from HD before sending it out to the real world then my take on technology may well be right, if what he says is correct then there is not cure, I would wait until AJ has had time to read your mail and post an answer, it would be good to have a help line direct to Ketron Italy wouldn't it! and why ever not. We are the customers.

Don't all go silent on me surely you have something to add, agree or disagree!

If you don't think I am correct about the technology read the method of re-installing or upgraing to an higher version level of fimrware, it certainly puts you off doing it- my advice take a photo of the keyboard and post it on EBAY before upgrading.

I have seen a message from AJ to one chap and he says "the firmware may have become unstable" so reload it back on - this is the year of Our Lord 2006. Version 3.00 of Windows was said to be unsatble, me thinks!

If you have good firmware and hardware nothing should become unstable only the Dollar! Might come shopping this year to NY NY.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-28-2006).]

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29101 - 12/28/06 12:40 PM Re: footswitch delay
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Maybe the polarity of the pedal is reversed, causing the "start" to occur AFTER the footswitch is released?
Check that the connection is correct, and try powering up the Ketron WITH the pedal attached.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online