SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33225 - 08/24/04 04:12 AM SD1 And Sonar? Help!
maxicat Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm attempting to record the backing for a song in real time using my sdi styles and sonar. Some of the time this works great, i can set sonar for midi sync and use the keyboard as a master to drive sonar. The problem i am having is sometimes when i play the song back from sonar via gm midi in on the keyboard the instruments play back incorrectly. EG piano as bass drums as trumpet etc, etc. Do i need to send a sysx message from sonar to the keyboard to set up the instruments? If so could anyone explain in simple terms how to do this, i notice commercial midi files have a sysx message at the begging of the file.
My SD1 seems to be running an old operating system on power up "version 1a" is displayed, is there any benefit in installing a newer operating sysem, if so will i loose all my sd1 stored midi files.
Thanks, confused
Vikki(uk)

#33226 - 08/25/04 04:02 PM Re: SD1 And Sonar? Help!
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
seems like you need to take a look at your midi in/out settings for Chanel transmit and receive have you any shared midi chanels? like all right sounds from chanel 1 (masterkeyboad)
please be more spesific about your conection do you use the serial cabel or midi cables ? what assignment you have

any way its litle mess to try record in sonar on the fly becase playback normaly uses GM sounds and if you have not sysex or effect settings may sound strange
the best way to do this is to play what ever you like in SD1 an record in SMF (just press record) then copy the file from the Sd1 HD to your computer and open with sonar
"you have all settings right"

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online