SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#387016 - 03/26/14 09:30 PM Audya harmonizer...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Just to let you all know:

We've purchased a Yamaha PSR950 lately as I really miss some of the fantastic Yamaha styles. To my surprize, tweak as I may, I cannot get the mic to sound to Monica's liking.

In a desperate attempt, we started up the Audya & all was fine once again. So I have to say this, the Audya, maybe it's even because of AJ & most probably it is, has a harmonizer in a class of it's own.

I will have to invest in an external harmonizer now should we insist on performing with the Yamaha.

Keep well all,

Henni

#387023 - 03/27/14 02:59 AM Re: Audya harmonizer... [Re: Henni]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
Good to see you back on line Henni. Surprised to hear you have bought a PSR950. I thought you had managed to replicate the yamaha styles on your Audya. Was it too much work tweaking, or do you find the Yamaha instruments sound better or is it just simpler to use two keyboards

regards
Bobby

#387025 - 03/27/14 04:30 AM Re: Audya harmonizer... [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Though I've found the Audya Voicetron quite good,it and my Yamaha can't hold a candle to my TC-HELICON VOICE LIVE TOUCH. I would like to avoid extra gear, but I need all the help I can get.

Bernie

#387035 - 03/27/14 08:16 AM Re: Audya harmonizer... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi BobbyP,

Virtually impossible to create those fantastic theatre/movie styles accurately on the Audya and I absolutely love those.

Cheers mate,

Henni

#387283 - 03/31/14 09:29 PM Re: Audya harmonizer... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Wanted to post this on the Arranger forumn, but it will only create another storm over there.

I sat down with the PSR950 in all honesty yesterday, to determine if the sound quality really comes short of the Audya. I used headphones only (same ones I use for the Audya) and went through a few hundred of the absolute best Yamaha styles I've collected over the years.

I played around with the EQ settings. Well, after nearly three hours of this, I've reached my own personal verdict:

I really, but really like many, many of the Yamaha styles. However, try as I might, the quality of what I hear fall very short from what I hear from the Audya.

And I realize something else - we had a PSR3000 before we had the Audya. We considered it to be fantastic. Why now, with the much later S950 are we no longer satisfied by the sound? Only because we've been spoilt by the Audya. No use bringing this over to someone who've never owned an Audya. They are used to what they've heard over the hears & would not understand what I say.

I can really nor vouch for the Tyros range, but, even though the styles on the PSR series are fantastic, it lacks seriously in the produced total sound compared to the Audya.

I'll keep the S950 - no need to get rid of it. But for now, we'll use only the Audya for our live performances.

Yes, I know I'm preaching to the converted - just HAD to get this off my chest.

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online