SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#386173 - 03/12/14 08:33 AM AUDYA - Vocal input - Big issues
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada

I don't know how many keyboard users in general consider themselves singers first and keyboardists way second, but I'm one of them. My vocals are the most important part of my performance and I am extremely discouraged with the AUDYA in this one regard. Ironically the SD1 was much better because the onboard effects were never working properly and so I always had it completely dry and instead I would just put effects and reverb on it via the Mixer board I put the vocal channel through.

Not an option with the AUDYA! I can't understand what possessed them to have the mic/voicetron be piggybacked in the entire mix as part of the Left/right main outputs, but now I cannot isolate the track as before.

I have tried everything to make it sound right, but even with the limiter off, no compression, no vibrato, no pitch correction, etc....just the small hall and the lightest reverv, it STILL sucks balls. The voice sounds "processed" and loses the natural warmth that comes through a normal connection. I could leave it at 'dry' but that's no good either as without any reverb, it's dead sounding.

The vocalizer itself has other issues.. I can't get the damn thing to be consistent with how it comes in. Some songs it blasts in so loud and echoey, even with the volume slider 1/3rd of the way up that it squeals and I have to quickly turn it off. Terrible for live performance.

However I'm hoping someone might have another suggestion. I've been trying to reach the rep AJ for a few weeks and no answer so he might be on vacation..

He did mention on the DVD tutorial that you can use the other outputs to isolate certain tracks like drums, bass, etc. I'm really praying the same can be said for the vocals. Is anyone aware of that possibility? Conversely, could anyone recommend a third party unit that has excellent vocal quality and will be able to read the midi info and style related on the fly harmonies? Would appreciate any help.

Right now I'm using TWO microphones. One for a pure, normal sound, and another taped below it for vocalizer when needed. It's still giving me issues with improper levels and such..but it's the only option I have right now.

#386236 - 03/12/14 09:24 PM Re: AUDYA - Vocal input - Big issues [Re: justforfun000]
justforfun000 Offline

I don't know why I bother posting in this forum. I see dozens and dozens of views and very rarely do I get a reply. I give up.

#386316 - 03/13/14 01:48 PM Re: AUDYA - Vocal input - Big issues [Re: justforfun000]
Tom04 Offline

Hi, I've always two keys on my set, Tyros 2 and Audya 5 , but for my vocals I use none of them. They can' t compare to my TC Voice Live 1or 2. Have look at the demos.
Regards Tom

#386327 - 03/13/14 06:45 PM Re: AUDYA - Vocal input - Big issues [Re: justforfun000]
justforfun000 Offline

I heard that now from 3 different people. I will definitely check that unit out!

It may not matter to a lot of performers, but I am extremely vocal oriented. I am a singer that learned to play to back myself up. If it's even slightly off, I can hear it and it drives me mental.

I don't understand what is with the on board system, but it sounds fake and processed no matter how you adjust any of the effects. I'm very disappointed I have to look for alternatives..sigh

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online