SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35725 - 07/16/10 12:20 PM Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tony, First of all, I haven't replaced my main board yet so I can't give a report yet on that. However this came to mind for us to think about and discuss.

When you first turn on the Audya, there is a little pop up screen for a split second at the end of the boot up that says:

" Loading Audio Resources " As that screen disappears, you hear or at least I hear a little " Clicking Noise".

The noise seems to be coming from the top of the keyboard rather than from the bottom.

The computer board or boards used to control all the push buttons, etc. have never been to my knowledge, discussed on SZ.

We are all searching for the cause of the Audio out problems.

Could the problem just maybe be in the top board or Boards?????

Skude and others have replaced the Sound Board and the Main Board and the HD etc. and still have audio out problems.

But nothing has ever been said about boards located in the top of the keyboard.

What are your or others thoughts on this?

Jim

#35726 - 07/16/10 12:55 PM Re: Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Tony, First of all, I haven't replaced my main board yet so I can't give a report yet on that. However this came to mind for us to think about and discuss.

When you first turn on the Audya, there is a little pop up screen for a split second at the end of the boot up that says:

" Loading Audio Resources " As that screen disappears, you hear or at least I hear a little " Clicking Noise".

The noise seems to be coming from the top of the keyboard rather than from the bottom.

The computer board or boards used to control all the push buttons, etc. have never been to my knowledge, discussed on SZ.

We are all searching for the cause of the Audio out problems.

Could the problem just maybe be in the top board or Boards?????

Skude and others have replaced the Sound Board and the Main Board and the HD etc. and still have audio out problems.

But nothing has ever been said about boards located in the top of the keyboard.

What are your or others thoughts on this?

Jim

All that you have described is what the KB should do mine does exactly the same.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35727 - 07/16/10 02:25 PM Re: Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
NiteLife Offline

Tony:

I understand that! My question is, could the problems be coming from one console computer boards.

The board or boards located in the top of the case.

Jim

#35728 - 07/17/10 11:29 AM Re: Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony:

I understand that! My question is, could the problems be coming from one console computer boards.

The board or boards located in the top of the case.

Jim

Jim,

Are we getting confused there is only one click when the KB satrts up just after the Resourses label dissapears, just one click only, is this what your KB does or is the click going on all the time,
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35729 - 07/18/10 05:31 AM Re: Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
NiteLife Offline

Tony:

I have only one click.

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT AND MY QUESTION!

Skude and myself and others, have replaced the Sound Board, Mother Board, OS and Hard Drive.

Most who have replaced these hardware and software items are still having some Audio Out problems.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

The only Electronic Boards that remain are the Panel boards located directly under all the push buttons.

Could the audio out problems be coming from one of those Boards?????

I only mentioned the " Click Sound " because the click sound seems to be coming from the top of the case and not the bottom of the case.

It seems to me that the " Audio Out Problems " would or could be related to the " Loading Audio Resources "!

Nobody has discussed or said anything about those computer boards located directly under the push buttons.

I hope this clarifies my Question.

Jim

#35730 - 07/18/10 07:23 AM Re: Question For Tony: " Audio Out Problem ".
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony:

I have only one click.

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT AND MY QUESTION!

Skude and myself and others, have replaced the Sound Board, Mother Board, OS and Hard Drive.

Most who have replaced these hardware and software items are still having some Audio Out problems.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

The only Electronic Boards that remain are the Panel boards located directly under all the push buttons.

Could the audio out problems be coming from one of those Boards?????

I only mentioned the " Click Sound " because the click sound seems to be coming from the top of the case and not the bottom of the case.

It seems to me that the " Audio Out Problems " would or could be related to the " Loading Audio Resources "!

Nobody has discussed or said anything about those computer boards located directly under the push buttons.

I hope this clarifies my Question.

Jim

Jim,

You are right I was a bit confused about your question, I think the answer is no, I think that all the buttons under the top panel are inputs into the MB, the processor will see them when they have been pressed or are on or off the CPU will then drive the outputs for styles and sounds which ever, same with the scroll wheel. The fact that you have an output channel down I would think is not related to the push buttons. Ketron must know about this problem, there are one or two of you now with the same problem, there are surely others in Europe with similar problems, even AJ just keeps saying it’s a loose connections. I must say it is rather difficult to trace a loose connection or bad plug crimp with the Audya top up and the power on, this is perhaps the only way to trace a bad pin connection or crimp. If you are going to do this I would take very great care wiggling plugs with the power on, not that you would get a shock, more you may damage something sensitive with hands. Last resort!!! Loading up the Resources is just part of the boot process. I think the click you hear is the HD, I stand to be corrected on this one, but it is normal.

Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online