SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30512 - 08/23/07 03:01 AM Ketron SD-2
spacedout Offline

Loc: Pasadena, CA 91107
I'm new to the site, so hello all. Can anyone tell me how to use a Yamaha XS6, 7, or 8 to control the SD-2. I've never had a sound module without a screen and basic Transmit and Receive Channels to view. I went into the Master Program of the Yamaha and found the MSB Banks and Program Change, but I am lost. i've been struggling for DAYS on this...
Thanks

#30513 - 08/24/07 12:33 AM Re: Ketron SD-2
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
can't help with the Yammie.
There's stuff available for download under utilities including technical tables http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/index.asp?idTipo=2
List of MSB & program changes , may also be available in the manual??

Basically if you want the
Bank A
Grand Piano
MSB 0 ( Control Change)
Program Change 1

etc

Bank B
Jingle
MSB 1
Program Change 1
etc

Bank C
Dry Vibes
MSB 10
Program Change 12

Live Drums
Cha Cha 3
MSB 4
Program Change 3

Regular Drums sets are done on channel 10 with program change

Basically a case of matching the MSB & program change to the SD list.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by spacedout:
I'm new to the site, so hello all. Can anyone tell me how to use a Yamaha XS6, 7, or 8 to control the SD-2. I've never had a sound module without a screen and basic Transmit and Receive Channels to view. I went into the Master Program of the Yamaha and found the MSB Banks and Program Change, but I am lost. i've been struggling for DAYS on this...
Thanks

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30514 - 08/25/07 03:32 AM Re: Ketron SD-2
spacedout Offline

Loc: Pasadena, CA 91107
Thanks for the reply. I found the MSB Banks and Program Change in the Zones section of the Master Program, and the control changes info is in the manual. I'm simply missing something. I'll try the sequencer song mode tomorrow. When you mentioned channel 10 (Drums), it made me think I should enter those values with a song and not in voice mode. I'll have to see if the Yamaha "zones" are the same in that mode. I'm all moded out, so it's tiime for beddy bies...

Thanks again!!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online