SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26624 - 07/23/01 01:51 AM How do I use syx files on the XP?
TMS Offline

Loc: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
The XP can only read SVD files, but not syx. How do I process syx files into my XP?
I was told that I need a computer with software to upload syx files to my synth. However unfortunate, I do not have a viable port to connect my synth to. Is there another way to load syx files to synth?

Furthermore, I was told to backup all my user and system data, since syx automatically writes over it. (Just like SVD as it too overwrites it right?) I have made backup onto disk as SVD but I'm not sure if all is backed up. To be safe, I like to hear it from you.

Thanks in reply.

[This message has been edited by TMS (edited 07-23-2001).]

#26625 - 08/16/01 10:10 PM Re: How do I use syx files on the XP?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
There is a thread on this forum, on page 2, called "how to download patches". Within is described 2 ways to use .syx files. Both require a computer. If you convert from syx to svd, you need to midi the computer to the keyboard. If you convert .syx to .mid, you can put the mid file on a floppy, put it in the XP drive, and pres play as though you were playing a sequence.
Dnarkosis's thread called "FYI utilities" will take you to a site that has a syx to mid conversion software for download.

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 08-16-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online