SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28376 - 12/06/98 11:04 AM Make song longer
Brockster Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
I have the simplest of questions. I need to take three songs and append them
to the end of each other. In other words, make three songs into one song. I
just can't find the answer to this in the manual. After all, some of us come up the the hook first and then build the song around it.

Brock

#28377 - 12/07/98 03:51 AM Re: Make song longer
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
If you are using a software sequencer, check to see if you have the ability to import files. If you are using an on-board sequencer, check to see if you have the ability to chain sequences together. If all else fails,try to copy and paste.

#28378 - 12/07/98 07:25 AM Re: Make song longer
Brockster Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
At the moment, I'm not using any software at all. But, I am in the process of purchasing Cakewalk. Could I do cut and paste in this program?

I noticed you didn't mention that I could append a songs to the end of the another just using the keyboard. Is this impossible to do?

Brock

#28379 - 12/07/98 10:34 AM Re: Make song longer
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Brock,
By "on-board-sequencer", I ment the keyboard's sequencer. I am unfamiliar with the keyboard that you use so I apologize for being vague.

#28380 - 12/08/98 01:41 PM Re: Make song longer
TPL Offline

Loc: Sunnyvale
Yes, you can cut and paste and edit in Cakewalk, but there are only so many things that it can do for you, without you actually having to have the manual skills to do what you want to do.
Cakewalk like anything else it is a tool, if you want to learn to string things together more effectively I suggest that you not only learn Cakewalk backwards, but if you haven't already learn some basic music theory too.
In the long run it can only make your stuff better.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online