SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24431 - 06/21/00 11:48 AM srjv-80/svx, epxpansion card expansion board
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
Complicated huh?
k, in the jv/xp series there is basically a choice of 1 (1010), 2(30), 4 (everything else I believe)
how many people have run out of expansion slots?
I had this little brainwave while reading a really old string, how difficult would it be to use multi core (like scsi) wire that ended in a card which would plug into an expansion slot on the synth, and which went into a board at the other end with space for several other cards. but I guess the problem with this is that the synth will only recognise 128 of those sounds. Yet another idea squashed by a big company <>
oh well...
Al

#24432 - 06/21/00 12:44 PM Re: srjv-80/svx, epxpansion card expansion board
pstares Offline

Loc: UK
The JV2080 has 8 slots I believe.

I'd thought about the multicore idea as well; I think you'd need to implement some kind of switch so there's only one board connected to each 'real' slot and I guess you'd also have to switch the synth off & on again when you select a different one so it re-scans the installed boards.

If anyone gives it a try let us know how you get on! I've only got one exp. board at the moment so I've no need for one yet...

Pete

#24433 - 07/03/00 09:18 AM Re: srjv-80/svx, epxpansion card expansion board
Dave Morris Offline

Loc: Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, ...
A good idea and you need to contact you national Roland HQ so they can in turn contact Roland in Japan who make the decisions on what to create and proceed with.

Epu had a great idea about an expansion card with Sample Rom any sounds you have in Wav format loaded via PC and necessary hardware). Sounds great huh?

Roland UK were informed and passed it on to Japan but we doubt they'll go with it. My feeling is although it would potentially add so much life to the JV/XP series the company are going with standalone samplers or an inbuilt sampler in a new XV synth..

The main thing we see is we have recognised a big gap in the market. Any small company wanting to hit the bigtime should look at these ideas..

So..here's the chorus and it goes

"For those about to ROM we salute you!!"

#24434 - 09/01/00 08:39 AM Re: srjv-80/svx, epxpansion card expansion board
epu Offline

There you go!

The Infamous EPU.

#24435 - 09/05/00 03:35 AM Re: srjv-80/svx, epxpansion card expansion board
howardlau Offline

Loc: HONG KONG. PRC
Now, you can load your sample (from WAV format or Roland native CDROM) to XV5080 and
copy them to the SmartMedia card! The memory is non-volatile and you can replace the card easier, faster and more convenient than floppy disks (but it is more expensive)!

========

Epu had a great idea about an expansion card with Sample Rom any sounds you have in Wav format loaded via PC and necessary hardware). Sounds great huh?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online