SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#21006 - 12/18/99 10:34 PM Thanks Roland! lol
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Roland for treating me like garbage when I called to ask if you would repair the grunge/decay defect on my xp-60.

Thanks for telling me that I could not speak to your superior because it was "christmas". Thanks for telling me the defect was all in my head, and that I should use another sytnh for qiuieter passages.

THanks for getting all huffy and puffy and sigh-e on the phone.

And thank you for raising your voice and insulting all interent users(I mentioned others online had this problem, and the roland support told me the internet was for idiots).

See, I still had 30 days to take the 60 back and get the cash, but I though I would give Roland the benefit of the doubt. I figured they would repair the decay/grunge defect so I would keep and enjoy the xp-60 I purchased. And who knows, maybe even enjoy future Roland products.

But I guess they could give a rats ass about their customers. I was treated rudely, amazingly so.

So, today I took back the xp-60 and got a full refund.

I checked out the xp-80, and it too had the defect/decay grunge, but not as blatant as the 60 or 30.

Then i started to wonder............" Do all new Rolands have cheap , defective stage outputs?"

I listened to a JV2080......SAME THING. Xp-30 SAME THING. JP-8000....Well what do you know!

Normally, this would not be a problem with a company that stands by their products and their customers. But outright denying that a problem exists with these units is plain WRONG.

Thnings like this can be easily fixed. But you can't fix what Roland wont admit too. YOUR COVER IS BLOWN ROLAND!!!!!!

Your d-10's and synths of YESTER-YEAR have higher quality components than your products for sale at the turn of the millenium. How sad.

See, I thought Roland was a stand up company. I gave them the benefit of the doubt: " I just found out and heard myself that the Roland synth I just bought
has a defect....but I wont return it to the store and get a refund RIGHT AWAY, because Roland is a stand up company...heck their ROLAND!
Im sure they will treat me as a valued customer and correct this defect"

Wether I was being Neive or not, I don't know. But that is how a customer SHOULD feel about a manufacturer of proffesional gear.

So back to the store the xp-60 went, along with the Roland AMP that had pieces of metal bouncing around in the inside somewhere.

I asked the store clerk if Roland was coming out with anything new soon to compete with the Triton. I then told him if it was indeed a few months off, I might WAIT and purchase the new Roland synth/sampler, or at least give it a fair shake, even after my ordeal with Roland on the xp-60.

He told me Roland has not even hinted at any new synth coming soon.

I found this incredibly odd, seeing as how the Triton is drawing so much attention. Why wouldnt a company leak news of a new product to help kill off the hype of a competeing product?

Who is running Roland?

Do they WANT people to buy the Triton now instead of wait for the new Roland Synth? It certainly seems that way.

With the Roland xp's getting up to around 5 years old, and more and more people purchasing Korg products(especially the new Triton)
you would think roland would leak SOMETHING out.

I'm sure alot of other people feel this way too.

So,I began to fool around with a Korg Triton with the M.O.S.S. option.............and I am hooked. I wonder why I did not check out this synth before. And No, I did not hear a grunge/tear defect at the end of the notes.

What does everyone else think of this synth?

Im doing some research on it to find any bugs, but so far it is golden.

I will most likely pick one up early next week.

---Muskie

#21007 - 12/24/99 09:37 PM Re: Thanks Roland! lol
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Sorry to hear about your dissapointments with Roland- Which country are you from? In Australia, Roland have been good to me when I have dealt with them so I am surprised that they treated you so badly! I was looking at buying a JV2080 next year(to replace a JV1080 for more expansion slots) but now I will think twice! Thanks for the advice.

#21008 - 12/25/99 04:14 AM Re: Thanks Roland! lol
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
It looks like it's a Roland USA problem, treating users unpolite, as with Roland Benelux I personally have excellent experiences and also they know exactly what they are talking about, as when you call with them you are allways directed to a person who has the knowledge for the requested item, so I disagree that Roland acts bad, , but due to the many posts I saw and all were coming from usa, so I therefore think it 's a Roland USA behaviour???
fred

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online