SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21168 - 07/04/06 09:32 PM Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

Hi,

I'm Jake, this probablly will sound awkward without a little intro, so
like I said I'm Jake, I've been into music for as long as I can remember and synths for about 3 or 4 years, I've used various recording programs (sonar 4 at a friends house, and I use (I know it's not that good..) The free program Audacity, but obiviously that wont get me very far so I'm planning on getting Acid Pro 6 (for loops) Sound Forge 8 (for audio editing) and maybe some others (I'm open to recommendations, I'm actually quite lost..)
some of the bands I listen to are The Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Silverchair, and The Cranberries, and I'm interested in "synthzone" and its forum.

...anyways

I don't know if this is the exact section I should post this in, but for the past few months, I've really had a keen eye on the "Roland Juno G", which looks like an amazing (and PROFESSIONAL) synth/workstation (atleast for it's price). I've been working up the money with my day job, hoping this is what I'm looking for, I'm into remixing, and recording as well, and plan to get the programs I stated above, and would like to know your opinion on this synth. Do you own it?, or have played it? There are barely any reviews on the Juno G to be found on the internet, and I've watched the 3 videos from Roland's site. Anyone know any information about this synth

I thought either this or the nord lead 2x or something, something I can bend and twist, create sounds that one moment are obscure and lush, and the next, aggressive saws,bits of white noise kind of sounds...
(maybe that's every synth, I don't know)

I'm sorry for the long rant

Any feedback or opinions on the Juno G would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

[This message has been edited by Garbage2.0 (edited 07-04-2006).]

#21169 - 07/06/06 04:43 AM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hi,
I too am eyeballing the Juno-G. On paper and based on the videos this little synth is quite impressive.

I have actually pre-ordered one, and over the last few months it has been very frustrating because Roland has changed the release date several times.

Everytime the release date arrives.., they change it again. I've considered pulling my order a few times. It's due to be in on the 24th of this month (based on the site I ordered it from), but if that day comes and changes yet again--I'll probably pull my order.

You're not going to find any user reviews, again due to it not being officially released yet. Time will tell.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#21170 - 07/06/06 02:06 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

would you consider it somewhat "professional"?

I've read some other blogs, where people say it's just a scheme for Roland to make money off the "Juno" name, which I don't really believe.

I don't I figure for it's price, it's going to be not just a "toy" like some people think. Hopefully it's good equipment, for it's price.

#21171 - 07/06/06 11:21 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Garbage2.0:
would you consider it somewhat "professional"?

Roland have always made great synths and this is based on the Fantom engine and supports SRX expansion cards which are known for their great sounds. And having the expandable audio/MIDI sequencer and USB connection makes it a very versatile product. I just haven't seen any handson reports yet but if it does what it claims to do it looks like a great buy. I'll have to try one of these out myself at a local music store when they arrive.

Even the analogue Juno series in the 80s was Roland's entry level range of pro synths for a low cost at the time. Sure the Juno-G shares none of the heritage of the analogue Juno series but it does provide a low cost digital keyboard solution so it fills a similar market niche in 2006 as it did back then. So I really think it is not unreasonable of Roland to revive the Juno name to launch a new affordable range. It all comes down to whether a digital rompler is the right keyboard for the music you want to play. You really need to find a Juno-G at a local music store and decide for yourself if it has the sort of sound you are looking for. If you are looking for a modelled analogue synth then that is a much higher price range than the Juno-G anyway ( well other than the Korg microKorg that is ).

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-07-2006).]

#21172 - 07/07/06 07:28 AM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

Don't listen to people saying that kind of crap about Roland just trying to make money off the Juno name.

As Nigel stated.. the Juno has always been known as one of Roland's budget synths. Roland did a test with bringing the Juno back and released the Juno-D. Now they've taking a MAJOR leap and released the Juno-G.

That's a huge step for Roland. While it's not the "analogue" synth like the classic Juno's it is a more "modern" digital Juno. Only with WAY more features than previous Juno's and MILES ahead of the more recent Juno-D.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-07-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#21173 - 07/23/06 02:29 PM Re: Roland Juno G
casiobot Offline

I think you'd be very happy with the Juno G garbage.It appears to be very much a musicians keyboard which is why I decided on it instead of the Fantom X for more than a few reasons.The current Fantom is probably gonna get "NAMM-rammed" in 2007 so,it would be easier to sell off a Juno G to go towards a NEW Fantom X than it would to sell the OLD Fantom X.
However seeing how my current use rate for keyboards is 5 years,average I might have to "go around" twice,so to speak.Or I just might keep it for longer than 5 years and put additional money towards something else I could use.
Having 4 tracks of audio is really sweet too!
I mean,being able to synthesize practically any sound on earth could come in handy,in the future.For now though,I just need something that sounds killer and easy to operate.And that one SRX slot is all I need for my humble purposes at the current time.

#21174 - 07/23/06 02:31 PM Re: Roland Juno G
casiobot Offline

Oh yeah Roland,tomorrow is the 24th!

[This message has been edited by casiobot (edited 07-23-2006).]

#21175 - 07/23/06 11:00 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I'm looking forward to hearing how the Juno G turns out for you. You guys will probably be able to give me feedback on it well before I get a chance to find one locally to try out myself.

#21176 - 07/24/06 02:48 PM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

What the hell is up with Roland? Casiobot, not sure if you've been looking to zzounds.com for the Juno-G--I would assume you have because it was zzounds that had a release date of the 24th tomorrow.

Well that date on zzounds site has changed more times than Elizabeth Taylor has been married. Again it just changed! Now the release date at zzounds is August 7th.

I'm fed up.... I've pulled my pre-order. I'm going to wait until others buy the synth before I take the plunge. Roland has changed the date countless times, and there have been several rumors as to why.

Squeak

#21177 - 07/24/06 03:47 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

bah! *anger*

Im actually looking at the SH-201

something to use while I wait for the Juno G

what do you think about the 201?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online